Chapter 33

A/N: This chapter is highly unedited, and it is possibly a really bad chapter. I haven't been on my writing game lately, but I wanted to give you guys something... so here you go!

WARNINGS: mentions of past drug and alcohol abuse, abandonment, and abuse.

I sat in front of the dark haired woman, watching the way her dry hair swayed around her shoulders as she leaned forward to grab her cup of water; something I am still shocked over.

Once she swallowed her small drink, she cleared her throat and leaned back in her chair, her dark brown eyes falling onto me. "I'm pregnant,"

After sitting in utter silence since I got here, I was so thrown back that she had actually talked that it took a moment, or two, for her words to sink in. Pregnant? "How the fuck could you be pregnant?" I hissed, grasping the edge of the table to keep myself from falling. The world began to sway around me, my eyes darting to every small thing in this room just so they wouldn't focus on the woman across from me.

I had always thought that my mom got her tubes tied after she had me, and that's how she has remained unpregnant all this time.

Narrowing her eyes at me like she was saying 'you know how I got pregnant.' I scoffed and shook my head. "Is that why you wanted me to come here in the middle of the night? So you could tell me that you were getting a fresh start at ruining another innocent child's life?" I spat, saying things that came to my mind though I was able to keep... certain thoughts to myself.

Like; is this baby going to be addicted to drugs? Do you even know who the father is? How is this baby going to survive with you being it's mother?

"I called you here so we could talk. Not so you could judge me, Louis,"

"No, mum," sitting up straighter in my chair, I leaned forward, "you called me here in hopes I would feel pity for you and come back to help you raise this drug baby." it was harsh, more so than I intended, but I can't say I didn't feel a little bit of satisfaction when I seen her flinch.

Covering her stomach with her hand, her thumb began to rub over the spot above her bellybutton and I watched as she breathed in and out, either trying to calm herself down so she didn't do one of her famous flips outs, or she was acting like she was trying not to cry.

"I don't need your help in raising the baby, Louis. The father is more than capable in helping me do so. I asked you to come here because I was wondering if you and that boyfriend of yours were still going good,"

Why the hell was she wondering about Harry? Biting back a few remarks about how I'm sure the father would be capable in raising a child when he wasn't even capable enough to put on a condom, I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest. "Why?"

Now it was her turn to be nervous. Her eyes darted around the room, finding interesting things in even the darkest of corners. "I am moving in with the father of the baby. He is a nice man and I think he will be good for me," pausing, she inhaled deeply and finally looked at me, her mask she has been wearing all these years completely crumbling into nothing, and revealing a tired looking woman with sad, brown eyes. "You and Lottie are adults now. I have done nothing to help you guys turn into the amazing people you are today, and I don't plan on ruining any chances at a future you guys have by asking you to move in with me and Dan." there was a 'but' lingering, and I knew what was coming next before she even said it.

"But, we want to sell this house. It is just rotting away, and we don't have the finances to save it, so we want to give someone else the chance to." and there it was.

She is not only starting fresh with this baby, but with a new man and a new house. She no longer needed me and Lottie to run to the store for her, or to get her liquor. She didn't need us to sell her pills or clean the vomit off of her body at three in the morning. There was no use for us in her life, so she was getting rid of us and any trace of the family we once were.