Chapter 21

I stared at the mirror, trying to convince myself that I wasn't staring at my own reflection, and it honestly wasn't that hard to do. I didn't recognize myself right now, and I doubt anyone else would. My chestnut hair was styled into a perfect quiff, and not one piece of hair was out of place. My light blue eyes were no longer rimmed by my thick, black glasses. Instead, I had my contacts in them and to cover up the fact that my eyes looked so bland, I lightly lined them with some of Lottie's black eyeliner.

My short legs were being constricted by a pair of black skinny jeans, and when I say skinny, I mean skinny. I barely had enough room to move around, but they made my butt look good, in my opinion. My arms, which looked like limp noodles, were completely bare and showing off a few of my arm tattoos. I had on a loose fitting black tank top, and because it wasn't my own and it was actually Harry's that I had borrowed from him, it came to just below my butt.

A light breeze blew through my window and sent a chill down my spin. I shivered softly and wrapped my arms tightly around my torso before I grabbed my phone off my bed and, with one last glance at myself in the mirror, I quietly walked down the hallway. I was almost to the top of the stairs when a familiar mouth watering scent wafted around the hallway. I stopped dead in my tracks and spun around on my heels, then barged into Lottie's room.

"Give me som..." I began, but quickly shut up when I realized Lottie wasn't alone. My hand curled around the doorknob and I was about to turn around, until two pairs of bloodshot eyes turned to me. "Urm, sorry. I didn't know you had company." My eyes drifted from Lottie, whose eyes were redder than i've ever seen them, to a pair of dark brown eyes.

"Nah mate, you can come in. We need a break from this anyway." He said, his lips curling up slightly before his white teeth were being shown. I bite my lip and was about to shake my head, until he lifted up Lottie's blue pipe.

"Ahhhh." I groaned, one foot out of the doorway, while the other one was planted firmly in Lottie's room. Finally, after much contemplation, I walked into the room and closed the door behind me. I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time, and sighed when I seen I had no texts from Harry, and that I still had twenty minutes before Harry was supposed to pick me up. Though, I would be lucky if I had five minutes.

"Fine." I sighed, shoving my phone into my ridiculously tight pocket, before I grabbed the pipe. I looked back and forth between the two before I lifted it up to my lips and watched as he flicked the lighter, lighting a flame to the green plant.

I inhaled deeply, my lungs automatically screaming for a release. My eyes began to water as I continued to inhale, until finally it became too much and I turned into a coughing mess. I held the pipe as far away from me as my arm would allow me, and coughed until my stomach hurt and I felt the urge to vomit. I stood up straight and wiped the tears away from my eyes, then I looked at both of them.

"Holy shit. Again." The words weren't even out of my mouth before a bright flame was being sparked in front of my face. I smiled at Zayn, then lifted the glass pipe up to my lips again and, like before, I inhaled deeply. I watched as the flame dipped down into the bowl, lighting the green herb and turning it a red color as the cherry grew.

We continued this for a few minutes before the large bowl was finally out. I passed the pipe over to Zayn and smiled lopsidedly at the two of them before I walked out of the room and down the tilting hallway. The stairs seemed to creak louder than they ever have before as I descended them, and when I finally reached the bottom, my heart was beating out of my chest from the irrational fear I had that the stairs were going to swallow me.

I placed my hand over my chest and took deep breaths, feeling as my lungs expanded and eagerly took in the fresh air, before I slowly exhaled. I slowly walked over to the door and pulled on my black converse, and right as I opened the door, a hand was being hovered right over my face.