Chapter 23

Harry's POV:

I stared at the sleeping boy on my bed, my eyes dancing over his soft, delicate features, to the oversized clothes he was wearing. I smiled softly and walked over to his side of the bed, stopping for a moment when I reached him and seen his eyelids flutter like he was going to open them. I held my breath, anxiously waiting for him to open his eyes and catch me being a creeper, but he didn't.

All that happened is his eyelids fluttered and his mouth fell open, a small sigh escaping past his dry lips. I exhaled deeply and leaned over, brushing his damp hair off of his forehead before I placed a gentle kiss on the side of his head, just above his eyebrow. He mumbled something in his sleep and nuzzled his forehead against my hand, then went limp once again.

Smiling to myself, I carefully pulled the blanket out from underneath him, then pulled it up so it was covering his body, only the top of his head being visible. Carefully, I grasped his feet and scooted him down the bed a little further, so his head wasn't pressed against the headboard. I tucked the blanket around his body before I walked over to my side of the bed.

I eyed the platter that was on my nightstand table, knowing that Louis wouldn't be waking up soon so I might as well through the soup out. I picked up the bowl and walked over to the balcony doors. The doorknob was cool in my hand when I twisted it, a strong breeze blowing through the doors as soon as I opened them.

"Jesus," I mumbled under my breath. Quickly, I dumped the soup of the edge of the railing, then I retreated back into my warm bedroom. I yawned quietly and set the bowl on my dresser, right next to a picture of my mom and me from when I was in kindergarten.

I rubbed my eyes and walked back over to the bed, though I set down on my side this time. The mattress formed around my butt as soon as I set down, relaxing my aching spine. I sighed deeply and laid back, my head resting on the pile of pillows that was right next to Louis'. I lulled my head to the side and stared at him, drinking in as much of him as I could before I had to turn off the light.

I admired the way his long eyelashes fanned across his cheekbones, and the way his upper lip twitched with each breath he took. Small snores escaped past his lips, and if it had been anyone else, I would have covered their face with a pillow. Snoring, to me, has never been adorable in any sort of way, up until tonight. Then again, anything this small boy does I think is adorable, or completely annoying, but the difference is one I can never tell.

Letting my eyes linger on him for a second longer, I rolled over onto my back and clapped quietly, the room soon being enveloped in completely darkness. My chest rose and fell quickly, but the longer I laid there, listening to Louis breath, the steadier my breathing became until we were in sync, the rise and fall of both of our chests matching.

A small smile graced my lips and finally, I was succumbed in to sleep. My head fell to the side and my lips parted, the last coherent thought being one of Louis, and the way he looked wrapped up in my oversized t-shirt.

--------

There was someone talking in a hushed voice only inches away from me. I could feel their breath tickling my neck, and I could hear their words in my ears, but I was still trapped in my sleep state, so nothing they said made any sense. I knew I should listen, that it was probably something important that my mother needed to tell me, but I was tired. I couldn't even muster up the will to open my eyelids, and I didn't want to. I wanted to fall back asleep, to be dead to the world for a few minutes longer.

And it would have happened, too. If my bloody brain wouldn't have reminded me who I fell asleep by lastnight. As soon as his name ran through my mind, I was fully awake and bolting up in bed. The covers slipped off my body and I looked around the room, my eyes wide but still heavy with sleep. Finally, I looked at the small body next to me, watching as it curled back and hid under the heavy blanket.