Chapter 25

A stream of sunlight poured through the thick branches of the trees that towered above me.  I watched as bugs floated in the sunlight, a few of them slowly fluttering to the yellow and pink flowers that littered the ground, which were barely visible above the mid-caf grass. I cautiously walked forward, my mouth falling open as I gaped at the small body of water that rested so calmly just beyond the meadow.

The pond set so still, not a single ripple in the clear water. A few lily pads rested on the water, and my eyes searched the surrounding area for frogs but I didn’t see one, or hear one. I took another step forward until my feet came in contact with the small area of pebbles that set in front of the pond. They dug into my feet and made little crunching noises with every small move I made.

I looked back down at the water, my eyes dancing over the reflections of the trees that you could see so clearly in the water. As I remained staring in that single spot, somehow the layers of water began to clear and become transparent, allowing me to see all the different types of things that lived in the pond.

My attention was soon captured when I seen something move, and when I finally pinned my gaze on that something, I was held completely captive when that something turned into more somethings. I watched as the fishes swam in the water, their black bodies moving with ease through the pondweed that stuck out all over in the water. A sudden  'pop' sound startles both me and the fish, and I watch as the fish scatter in different directions of the concentric circles that begin to form on the pond.

“No,” I whisper, heartbroken that I wasn’t able to look at the fish for more than a few seconds before something startled them. Another ‘pop’ was heard only a few feet away from me, and I quickly spin around to find Harry standing a few feet away from me, his pant legs rolled up and his shoes off to the side as he throws one rock at a time out of the pile he is holding in his arms.

“Stop!” I hissed, trying to keep my voice quiet so I didn’t startle them any further. I walked over to Harry and pulled his arm, watching in triumph as all the rocks clattered to the ground, a few of them landing on both mine and Harry’s feet. “I was watching those,” I informed him when he looked down at me through slitted eyes.

“So? You can watch still watch them as they swim away,” He rolled his eyes and bent down to pick up more rocks, but I couldn’t have that. Without thinking about what I was about to do, I held both hands out in front of me and pushed Harry forward, having to use all my strength to even get him to budge.

When my fingers were no longer touching any part of Harry, I closed my eyes tightly and waited to hear him fall to the ground, but the next thing I knew the front of me was being soaked with water as their was a loud splashing noise. I squealed loudly and jumped back, quickly wiping the water away from my eyes before I opened them and looked in the water.

To my utter terror, Harry’s head was sticking out of the water, the rest of him being under the water, and he looked absolutely pissed. “I-’I’m sorry!” I quickly apologized, my face contorting into one of horror when Harry began to swim towards the edge.

Without thinking, once again, I spun around as fast as I could and began to run in the direction we came in. I didn’t pay attention to the rocks that were slicing through the bottom of my feet, or the branches that dug into my skin as I dove through the bushes Harry had pulled apart before. All I could really focus on was the sound of someone else's feet hitting the ground as they chased after me.

“LOUIS!” Harry shouted loudly, my heart spazzing in my chest before it lurched itself into my throat. I felt a shock of something run through my body before everything became numb to me and my skin began to buzz lighty. I ignored that, my only real focus was the opening in the treelines that was only feet away from me, meaning I was close to Harry’s house.