Chapter 10

I was still shivering by the time Harry pulled into a parking lot to a... cafe? I peered out the window to look for a sign, but we were on the side of it so I couldn't see anything other than the red paint that covered the walls. Bushes were growing along the side of the building and were covering half of the wall, and they were covered in snow.

"Why did you stop here?" I asked when I managed to get my teeth to stop chattering. My hands were no longer frozen solid, and I had feeling back in my toes, but now that my body was thawing out, I could feel how uncomfortable my wet my clothes were from when I had sat down on the bench and laid in the snow.

Harry, without answering me, climbed out of the car and walked around to my side. He opened my door and took a step to the side, allowing me more room to get out. I sighed in defeat and climbed out of the car, managing to keep my balance even on the slippery ice that covered half of the parking lot.

The cold air wrapped around my body and embraced me in a cold embrace. I shivered, as if it were instinct, and wrapped my arms tightly around my waist. I followed closely behind Harry as he began to walk towards the door, his strides anything but graceful. Every few steps he took, he would slip and almost fall, but he managed to regain his balance, after cursing, and continue forward.

"Are you going to tell me why we're here?" I questioned, having to almost shout because he was so far in front of me. He slowed down his pace and came to a complete stop when he remembered I was with him. I sighed in relief, fog clouding my head, and jogged to catch up to him.

"I wanted a cup of cocoa." He said, like it was the most obvious thing ever, and shrugged. I rolled my eyes, but my stomach grumbled at the mention of hot cocoa. I haven't had it in years and it sounded amazing right now, but I wouldn't be able to get one because there was a small problem.... I didn't have any money.

I kept quiet and bowed my head as we walked through the front door, Harry holding it open of course. I didn't bother looking at where he was going, because I was too focused on finding a seat so I could cover up my ass that was completely wet, and very noticeable. I lifted my head up a little and looked around the small cafe, spotting the perfect booth in the back corner.

I sighed in relief and walked over to it. I sat down, the plastic black thing that covered the seat making a weird noise. I bit my lip and glanced around, wanting to make sure that nobody had noticed the noise. There was only a few people here, though, and none of them were close to where I was sitting.

At the other end of the cafe, there was an elderly couple and behind them there was a sad looking woman who was twirling her cup on the table. On the other side of the counter there was an elderly woman with a younger child, and standing in front of the counter with a brown wallet in hand was Harry.

His long legs were crossed over each other as he stood in line. His black skinny jeans were wet and his blue shirt was clinging to his body, showing off a few of the tattoos that were littered across his torso and arms. I had noticed a tattoo on his stomach, that was very noticeable, but I didn't know what it was and I didn't want to ask him what it was. His long hair, which he would run his fingers through every now and again, was still slightly damp and hung in loose curls around his head.

I shook my head and blew out a deep, quiet breath. I looked down at the table and picked up a sugar packet from the small basket in the middle of the table. The writing was too small for me to see, my contacts being at home along with my glasses. I was in too big of a rush this morning to even bother grabbing either one of them, so I was practically blind today when it came to things that were far away from me. I mean, I could see blobs and if I squinted, I could make out a few things, but I didn't even bother squinting to read something as stupid as a sugar packet.