Chapter 13; Lunch Date or Nah?

Your POV

"So, where do you wanna go?" Max asks.

"Umm... I don't know about you, but I'm getting Tacos," I say, laughing. Max joins in.

"Yeah, I will too. Tacos are amazing."

"Spoken like a true butt night."

"D*nm straight," Max replies, and we bit burst out laughing. The lady at the counter gives us a look.

"What can I get you?" She asks with a southern accent.

"Two tacos please," I say before Max can.

"Is that all?"

"Well, with drinks too," Max adds.

"Alright. Here's your number. We'll call your number when your food is ready."

"She had a southern accent," Max says.

"Yeah, so?"

"Maybe she's from Wisconsin too."

"No. People from Wisconsin don't have southern accents. If anything, she's probably from Louisiana."

"You have an accent."

"No I don't!"

"Yeah, you do. But, it's cute." Max says, I can see a slight blush appearing on his face.

"You don't have an accent, but I think that's pretty cute," I flirt back, my face getting a bit red. We laugh, then the lady calls our number.

"I'll pay," Max says.

"Nope," I respond, pulling out my wallet.

"The guy always pays on dates."

"Do I really look like I would go along with that?"

"Nope. But I had to try."

"You can pay next time, I'll pay today," I say, handing over the money and grabbing our food.

"Fine," he grumbles.

"Now, where should we sit?"

"How about over there?" He points to a table for two over by an ice cream shop.

"Sure." I say as we head over. He pulls out a chair for me.

"M'lady," he says.

"Don't pull that Ross crap on me," I respond laughing as my phone goes off.

'Hey honey! We're coming out to visit you tomorrow, so make sure to invite your friends! We want to meet them all. Especially Jess. And you're boyfriend' ~Mom 😁

"Ugghh," I groan. Max raises an eyebrow.

"What?," he asks.

"My family is coming to visit and my mom has been talking to Jess. She thinks I have a boyfriend."

"Just tell her you don't."

"It's not that easy. Last time that happened, my mom started crying because she was so sad I was alone. That was back in college. I don't even want to think about what she's going to do now," I explain, adding another groan.