Chapter 21; The Meeting of Da Friends

Your POV

I pull Max and Sarah in the parking lot.

"Shotgun!" Sarah yells as she dashed off to her car. Max raises an eyebrow.

"I thought she was driving. So, I'm driving?" He asks. I shake my head.

"I'm driving," I say as I shake my foot with no cast.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm like the best driver in Washington. I only hit like three people driving from the hospital to here," I joke as I climb into the driver's seat.

"Is it weird that I feel like the third wheel?" Max awkwardly asks. I open my mouth to answer.

"No," Sarah answers before I can. I bite my lip to hold in my laugh. Sarah grabs the aux cord and plugs her phone in.

"Sarah, no!" I beg. She loves country music.

"I'll play one that you like!" She insists.

"Wait, what?" Max asks.

"Sarah loves country music. I hate it," I quickly explain. By this time, we're almost to m- our house (sorry if you like country music).

"Yeah. I'm going to listen to country till I die," Sarah adds. I let out a loud sigh.

"We're almost there!" I yell. "Same street!" I yell. We pass Jess's house and I turn the steering wheel so we are in our driveway. The car spins a bit. "What?" Sarah and Max both look sick. I laugh. "Did you not know that I'm a pro race car driver?" I ask.

"B.S. You are not," Max says.

"Wanna bet?" I ask challengingly. "Sarah, go get Steven," I order.

"Sir, yes sir!" She exclaims, hoping out to get Steven.

"I bet you...." I start, but I can't think of anything I want (😳). Hmm...

"I bet you a kiss." Max finishes with a smirk.

"So, if I have one, you give me a kiss?"

"Yep. And when you don't, you give me a kiss," Max says, grinning widely.

"Hmm... Deal," I agree and pull out my driver's license, behind it is my professional race car driver license.

"Where did you get this?" Max asks, looking it over.

"California with my dad. I just had to go so many times around a track so fast. It was easy. I win!" I give him a big smile. He smiles back and we kiss. I hear the door creak open and I quickly turn around, shoot Max another smile through my mirror.

"Oh!" Steven says, talking in his feminine voice again. I bite my lip to keep myself from laughing as I pull out of our driveway. "You must be Max. (y/n) talks about you so much." I hear Sarah snort. I glance at her quickly.

"Oh," Max says, raising an eyebrow at me though the mirror. I shrug.

"Yeah! (y/n)! You said he was cute, but not THIS cute!" Steven announces loudly. I have to bite down hard on my lip to stop the laughter from spilling out. Sarah's face is red from holding it in. We pull into a random pizza place's parking lot. I let Max walk in front of me and I motion for Steven to dial it down. He nods.

"Steven, keep it up," Sarah whispers to him as she walks by.

"Don't encourage him!" I whisper-yell to her as we walk inside, making sure Max is out of ear shot.

"Are you guys coming?" Max asks as he sits down at a table. I move to sit next to him, but Steven causally slides in next to him. I sit across from Max instead.