Chapter 26; Red?

Your POV (next day. I'm skipping the date. Deal with it)

After Sarah and I tackled each other for the six cord, (Sarah's driving today) Sarah told me to put on her playlist. I hesitate, but put it on. 'Our Song' by Taylor Swift came on. I gave her a look. Sarah laughed, knowing I'm not a big fan of country music.

"I was riding shotgun with my hair undone in the front seat of his car. He had a one-hand feel on the steering wheel, the other on my heart. I look around, turn the radio down," Sarah loudly sings, causing me to groan. My phone goes off.

'What's Sarah's favorite song? ~Red'

Wow. Red isn't even trying not to make me suspicious.

'I'm in trouble (I'm an addict). She listens to it on repeat all day ~(y/n)'

When we pull up to a 'red' light (wow. I'm terrible), Sarah tries to look over my shoulder.

"Who ya textin'?" She asks.

"Nobody," I say, slanting my phone the other way so she can't see.

"Ooh! Ya textin' Maxy?!?!" She asks.

"N- I-I mean yeeaaahh. That's totally who I'm texting," I say, trying not to act suspiciously.

"Wait, if you're not texting Max, who are you texting?"

"I told you, I AM texting Max."

"(y/n), I can always tell when your lying."

"No you can't."

"See, you just lied."

"No I didn't."

"You did it again."

"Oops! I did it again!" I start singing Britney Spears to distract her.

"Oh baby, baby!" She sings. "Wait, (y/n), are you hiding something?"

"Yep."

"What are you hiding?"

"Not telling until you say please."

"Please?"

"Okay."

"So, what are you hiding?" Sarah says as we finally pull into the parking lot.

"I read your diary." I yell, before jumping out and running into the offices.

"(y/n)!!! GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE!!!!" Sarah yells as she chases me. I sharply turn the corner and run into my office, locking my door. Sarah pounds on the door.

"MAX!! HALP MWAH!!" I yell, hoping someone will hear me.

"OPEN THE D*MN DOOR, (y/n)!" Sarah yells, not stopping her pounding. I grab my vlog camera, tuning it on.

"Guys. Please send help," I whisper into the camera, pointing the camera at Sarah through the window. The pounding stops.

"ADAM IS GIVING ME THE KEYS TO YOUR OFFICE, (y/n)!" Sarah yells. I yelp and crouch in the corner, just as the door swings open. "(y/n).. Where did you go?" I film Sarah silently as she walks around, checking every nook and cranny for me. As soon as she gets over to where I'm hiding, I try to run between her leg, but she sat on me.