Chapter 12

200+ votes!!! I can't be any happier! Well, actually I can... but still! I'm happy! I hope you guys are enjoying this story. If you haven't checked out my other story I'm working on called Half Mermaid then feel free to! :D
-----------------------------

TWO WEEKS LATER

Cody's P.O.V

I sit in bed, waiting for something interesting to happen. I just got back from work, which made me exhausted, but I hate sleeping during the day.

I begin to think about Scarlet and her beautiful face smiling at me. Speaking of her, I'm gonna check the mail.

I exit my room and walk through the front door. I begin speed-walking down the driveway until the mailbox was right in front of me.

I open it up and take out a couple letters. I took one and read the back. This one was from my work. I put it under my armpit and put down my arm. I take the other letter and examine it.

There was a sticker of a heart in the middle, so I was pretty sure this was from Scarlet.

I run back in the house and sit on the couch. I wrip the envelope open and take out the folded piece of paper out.

I was happy but sad at the same time from what Scarlet told me.
She talked about falling in love with another guy, and them kissing.

I mean, yea, I have a girlfriend and stuff, but Scarlet is still somewhere in my heart, and I'm kinda uncomfortable with her having another boyfriend.

I turn a bright red when I realize what I was being.

I'm jealous.

I sighed and threw the letter on the coffee table before staring at the wall with my arms crossed.

Somewhere, somehow, I needed to get Scarlet out of my mind. I think of what I should do before settling in on going downtown where the neighborhood is at.

My house is the only one on my road, which is kind of disappointing.

Anyway, I throw on a white T-shirt and a pair of jeans before heading out the door. I needed to exercise, so I decide to walk downtown.

I had many thoughts with peace and quiet along the way. But then I hear cheering from a distance, it soundesd like where the neighborhood was at.

I wrinkle my forehead as I remembered that they only do this when someone new has moved in.

I went from running to sprinting until I see a crowd of people circling whoever was new.

I walk closer and try to push my way to the crowd. "Ok, thanks! I know I'm new! Thank you!" I hear a female voice say. And it sounded... familiar....

Wait a minute. No, it can't be....
I shove people to the side, ignoring their small yelp. I finally get to the middle, where the new one was supposed to be at.

I freeze in place when I see who it was, and she freezes too.

Scarlet.