Chapter 1

HI GUYS!!! I AM BACK FOR THE OFFICIAL THIRD TIME!!! I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS STORY JUST LIKE THE OTHERS AND AS USUAL, COMMENT AND VOTE 💕💕 xoxo

"Are you sure you don't want the pink one? I think it's prettier." My mother frowns her nose at the yellow, gray, and white comforter that I picked out.

"What's wrong with the yellow?" I frown.

"Nothing, I just like pink." She shrugs. "Get what you want."

"Yellow it is, then." I say and chuck the large object into our shopping cart.

It was a busy late Sunday morning for us. Because we've waited to the very last moment to finish a lot of shopping for college, we are trying to get as much as we can done today.

Yes, the time for college has officially come.

And no, I couldn't honestly tell you that I was all that excited.

I'm doing what they call a "going with the flow." I've been trying to seem excited and get myself ready for what's about to come. I figure if I do this my parents will be convinced that I'm ready for this and maybe even help convince myself that I am ready for this. And shopping for things made me seem a bit more excited. Getting to decorate a new room was always exciting. Mom and I were picking out cute little things to put in my dorm room while my dad tried to think practically about my necessities versus things I didn't actually need but wanted.

It was nice that we were all out together to get things because I am so lost with this whole college process. It's so much work. Financial aid, housing fees, orientation fees, everything is so expensive and tedious. Even though I received a scholarship, this school was still not by any means cheap. I was sure to be putting both my parents and myself in some serious debt. And the worst part about it was that I don't even know if this school is worth as much as it's priced to be. Then again I think most universities are overpriced.

"Okay, so what else do we need?" My mother asks as she reaches for the paper where I wrote a list of everything I needed. We decide to head over to the electronics where I knew my father would be more helpful than my mother.

We eventually get everything we need from the store and decide that we'll get a few of the smaller things when we actually get to Indiana.

Indiana.

The thought still makes my stomach feel funny and I don't know why. It's been doing it a lot lately but I try my hardest to ignore it. I'm not sure how long that's going to work but I'm going to do it for as long as I can. The three of us decide to go out for lunch which was completely fine with me because I was starving, as usual. We head to a chain restaurant that wasn't too far from the store we left and are seated at a booth.

"I can't believe you're leaving for school in just five days," My mother says as she shakes her head in disbelief. "Where did the time go?"

"I honestly have no idea." I say.

"You're going to be an official college student," Dad grins at me. "That's such a great step, Asia."

"I know, it's so surreal." I nod my head.

"Are you excited? How are you feeling?"

"Yeah, I'm excited."

"You don't sound excited." My dad laughs at my facial expression.

"I am...it's just going to be different. I don't know what to expect."

"That's the thing about college. No one knows what to expect." He says to try and ease my nerves but it doesn't work.