Chapter 15

[A/N:] So sorry I haven't been able to update in so long! My brother had my charger to my laptop so it was dead for a while :/ But I'm back with 2 updates that I hope you'll enjoy! Xoxo

I hand in my test to my professor before exiting the classroom. I let out a breath of relief. That was my second to last mid-term and also my hardest one yet. This week has been mid-term week and it has been so stressful. Dealing with all of this stuff I have going on plus the pressure of all these tests for my classes is a lot. I feel that I am going to crumble and moment now, but I knew that I could hold it together.

If I hold it together this week everything will be okay because next week I'm finally going home! It has been so long and I've been waiting for this opportunity to go home. I don't know how I've survived these 12 weeks without seeing my family. It has been the hardest test and right along with my mid-terms, I hope to pass it.

Things between Hunter and I seem pretty normal...or as normal as it can get between us at the moment. After the talk we had, the two of us are trying to keep things as neutral as possible. We both know that we can't have another argument like the last time or it will lead us nowhere but to an end. I don't want that happening so I've been on my absolute best behavior.

And I've also been trying to be more optimistic about our future, which has been working out because we've been getting along perfectly. In fact, I think this is the most fun we've had together since the semester started, which sucks because the semester is almost over. I just hope things stay this way and that I don't find some way to mess it up.

I love Hunter, I really do. And I know that I don't always make the best choices, but I'm trying to get my act together because I know it isn't okay. I know this is not the real me and I want to be a better person for the both of us because I hate that I am a liar. And I hope that once I explain everything to him, he can find it in his heart to forgive me. From now on out, I am going to try my hardest to make things work because I really want them to. We've been through too much to let it all go.

I am staying away from weed and I think I disappointed Jai and Imani a little bit, but they also understood. I just don't need to be doing things like that, especially if it's not benefiting me in any way. The only thing that was on my mind as of now was acing my exams and finally being able to go home.

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket as I exit the building and see that it's Cheyenne calling. "Hii," I sing into the phone.

"Hey." She says in a light tone.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay. What about you?"

"I'm surviving, so that's got to count for something right?"

"It sure does," Cheyenne laughs. "When are you coming home?"

"Monday evening, which I'm excited for."

"I can't wait for you to get here. I miss you so much." She says.

"I miss you, too. Life is boring without you."

"I can imagine." She says, causing me to laugh and roll my eyes.

"I don't know if I told you...but I don't think I plan on coming back here next semester."

"Is this because of what we talked about the last time when I told you to speak to a counselor?" She questions.

"Yeah, and my mind has been made up."

"Are you sure you want to just throw in the towel? It's only the first semester."

"I don't really see it as throwing in the towel...I see it as me taking time for myself," I tell her. "In the beginning, I was so fixated on coming here so that I can feel normal again and because I didn't want to feel like I wasn't capable of leaving, but it just feels like a slap in the face."