Chapter 22

I close my textbook and rest my head on it instead. I was drained. I have been studying consecutively for about two hours now and I think my brain is fried. I was drained and I wanted to take a nap. This week has been so exhausting. Since it is the end of the semester, I have been so preoccupied with finishing essays and trying to study for my upcoming exams. It was crunch time and I was under all types of pressure.

The only good things I can honestly say that will come out of this is that I feel confident in passing my finals, I was about to leave the university, and more importantly...it was distracting me from thinking about Hunter. I have been doing a lot lately to keep myself preoccupied. I realized that I think about him the most at night, but then I find an activity to indulge in temporarily.

Imani and I have been going to the gym every night and I think it's the most exercise I've gotten in a long time. We've also been attending some campus events which actually has been a lot of fun. So between classes, studying, eating, working out, and campus activities, I have little time to depress myself because by the end of the day I just want to sleep. It's a good defense mechanism, but a part of me knows it won't work forever. But temporary is fine for now.

The more time I have away from the pressure, the easier it is for me to think clearly. When I exercise, I am able to think more clearly and it gives me time to analyze myself.  Maybe this is an activity I can use to help me keep my thoughts centered because with everything I have going on, I need to stay sane more than ever.

And I miss him. I miss him so much. But the thought of him being able to focus on his work and sports makes me feel better. I'm surprised I haven't seen him or Nick around campus, but then again this campus is huge and I still don't see the same faces every day. Plus, we've probably both been busy. I unblocked his number because I realized it was just unnecessary. I knew his number by heart and what if he needs me one day? I could never shut him out, together or not.

Maybe once this semester is over and I am officially home to stay, things will begin to settle down and everything will turn out to be okay.

My phone beings to ring, waking me up from my short lived nap. I lift my head and look over to see Cheyenne calling me. "Hello?"

"Hi, Asia!" Her happy voice rings through the phone.

"It's Cora, too." I hear another voice sing into the phone just as happily. My eyebrows furrow in bemusement.

"Hey, guys." I can't hide the bemusement in my voice. "Cora, are you home?"

"No," She laughs.

"So Cheyenne, you're at her school?"

"No," Cheyenne laughs. "We're on a three way call."

"Oh." Duh, Asia.

"Are we disturbing you?" Cheyenne asks.

"No, you're fine." I say as I stretch my body.

"Were you sleeping?"

"I was studying."

"You sound like you just woke up." Cora laughs.

"Okay so I might've drifted off..." I say, causing them both to laugh.

"Well I'm glad we woke you up." Cora says which makes me huff a laugh and mumble a sure.

"Anyways," I say to change the subject. "What's up?"

"I have some good news," Cheyenne says. "I wanted to tell you both."

"What is it?"

"I'm getting my own apartment and my sister's friend got me a job!"