Chapter 24

"Hi!" I exclaim as I rush over to my parents car. I am gleaming with excitement as I watch the three of my family members climb out of the car. Once they are on the sidewalk, I rush over to my parents and hug them tight.

"Someone is excited." My Dad chuckles as he hugs me back.

"Of course I am. You guys are here!"

"Because we have to be." Kyle says.

"Don't ruin my moment." I roll my eyes and pull away from my parents. It was officially finals week and my last final was tomorrow morning. Because I am not coming back to the school, my family has come to Indiana to help me move out. This time they drove all the way here because plane tickets were expensive and tomorrow we were going to make the same long trip back home.

An 11 hour trip at that. Yeah, not too keen on that thought. But hey, it'll be the last time they'll have to do it.

"Are we still going to dinner?" I ask.

"Yeah, we just wanted to see your room." Mom nods.

"Why?"

"So we can see what kind of damage we're working with." Kyle smirks.

"Plus, I need a bathroom break." Dad adds, making me smile.

"Right," I laugh. "Right this way."

I lead them towards my building. We head in and I take them to my room. Bella is there studying at her desk but smiles and acknowledges my family when they come in.

"I hope we aren't too much of a distraction," My mother tells Bella in an apologetic tone. "We'll be out of your hair in a few minutes."

"No, you're fine." Bella assures her and shakes her head. "I think I'm all studied out for the moment, anyways." She laughs.

"Don't stress yourself out too much. It's okay take a break." My mother tells her with a friendly smile. And I know she probably isn't making it out to be that way, but I can't help but feel like she's giving a subliminal message. It's probably just me and my paranoid ways.

"Thank you," Bella smiles sweetly. "So Asia, I guess I can't tease and say that you're not really leaving anymore because your family is here."

I laugh at her words. When I told Bella I wouldn't be coming back to Notre Dame, she thought I was lying. Even when I asked my mother over the phone for confirmation, she would not believe me and thought it was a prank. But now that they're actually here and I have completed packing at least half of my belongings, she's finally realizing that I'm not joking.

"I told you." I grin at her.

"I don't want another roommate." She frowns.

"Aw Bella, I'll be here in spirit." I try to make her feel better but it doesn't really work.

"Gee, thanks." She laughs.

"You're barely here, anyways."

"That's true. Perhaps I'll have to be here even less next semester." She purses her lips, before the both of us laugh.

We hear a knock on the door and Kyle opens it. It was just my father returning from the bathroom. "Hello," He says to Bella, who greets him back politely. I watch as he steps forward and does a scan of the room. "Looks smaller than I remember."

"Eh, looks the same to me." I shrug with a laugh.

"I expected more of your things to be packed by now, though." My mother comments.