Chapter 12

"Alright class, remember that the next quiz is on Friday!" My psychology teacher announces as we all pack up our things.

This week was moving incredibly slow and I just couldn't wait for a break. I just wasn't into school as much as I was in the beginning of the semester. In fact, I skipped my morning classes because it was just hard for me to get out of bed. My motivation seems to have gone missing and I struggle to even comprehend half of the material that we learn in class. The only reason I managed to get here to psychology class was because I was reminded of how much money my parents were spending on me to even be here.

Betcha that was a real motivator.

After class, I head back to my room, just wanting to go back to sleep. But I knew that wasn't going to happen because I had a few things to take care of today.

I spoke to Cheyenne earlier and she told me that she's still unsure with what she wants to do with the baby. It still seems unreal. Her being pregnant is not something I would've imagined happening any time soon. She still hasn't even told Nick yet. I wanted to yell at her and tell her that he deserved to know but how could I do that when I can't even tell my boyfriend what I'm going through, either?

She said that she told Cora, who completely flipped out. Cora then called me, telling me how she couldn't believe it and how crazy it all was. And it was crazy indeed, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and freak Cheyenne out even more.

My phone rings, pulling me out of my thoughts. I answer without even checking the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Hey," Hunter greets. "So I have some time before I have to get to practice and was about to head to lunch. Want to join?"

"I would love to, but I can't." I decline.

"Oh. You're about to head to class? I can walk you there first, if you want." He offers.

"No, I'm done with classes for the day. I just have things to do."

"Oh...that's fine." I can hear the disappointment in his voice.

Been there, done that.

"Yeah, I actually have to go now so can I call you back later?"

"Sure, talk to you later."

"Bye." I say before ending the call.

I wasn't declining Hunter on purpose, but it also felt nice for him to know how I feel every time he bails on me. The plans I had right now were actually very important. I took Cheyenne's advice and built up the courage to call the counseling center on campus. Their services are free and they set me up for an appointment right away. So that's where I was headed.

I wasn't exactly thrilled to be going, but I was hopeful that it will maybe help me in any way possible, even if it's just the slightest bit. I didn't tell Hunter because if I did then I would've had to explain everything to him.

And I know that I should have already explained everything to him.

But I haven't and I still don't know when I will.

But that's not really on my mind right now and it probably won't be until I have to talk to one of the counsellors. I leave my room and make my way to the health center. It's close to my dorm so it only takes me about five minutes to get there. I stand outside of the building, debating if I really want to do this or not. What have I got to lose, honestly? Even if it doesn't work I can say I tried.

I inhale deeply before making my way inside. It's quiet and there are a few people seated. The woman at the reception desk is friendly towards me and gives me a paper that I have to fill out. I take a seat to fill out the paperwork and it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable.