5 of Everything

This work is dedicated to Property_of_Gaara . This person has requested a ManxMan story of any genre.

Enjoy!

***

Another Hunter comes charging at me with a metal pole from behind; I spin around quickly to shoot him with the gun, firing three rounds at his beefy body. A muffled scream clouds my ears like smoke and he drops to the ground like the others.

It's quiet now.

No wind no wolf howls; you could hear a pen drop in this silent oil factory. Terre is nowhere to be seen, but tell-tale drops of his blood permeates the air so I know he's here. His senses probably couldn't handle all the action, he is still learning how to control them. And to be in a fight this gory....I can only hope that he didn't have an overload.

A twitch in the corner of my eye startles the shit out of me and I whip my head around, only to roll my eyes. One of the Hunters I took out is still trying to move, his pathetic throwing knives out of reach. I walk over to him with an unimpressed stare, long legs of mine kicking away the metal objects. Hunter looks at me with green eyes and glares. Honestly, he's so pathetic and adorable that I find myself giggling. He could have been a cute partner to work with, and with his pretty raven hair, I would have enjoyed raking my hands through it.

But he's not so, definately his fault.

The Hunter's jaw pops out of place on impact with my foot as I kick his face in, a delirious smile on my lips. I have never had any hesitation when it comes to killing these people. You could call it a personal a grudge, but the real reason is because the less of them there are, the more of us can repopulate. Hunters are selfish people. And their curiosity usually gets the best of them whenever they find something 'new' in our territory.

Oil: new. Metals: new. Rare beasts such as ourselves: a nuisance.

We are not lesser beings nor are we above them, Hunters see us as threats because of our unique hunting capabilities. We have five of everything; five times the normal hearing, five times the normal taste, you get the idea. And it's because of this that they hunt us almost every day, attempting to get rid of the people who are key niches in keeping this community alive.

Right now only a small group of us lives; Terre, Soleil, and Mere (that's me). We are taking out groups of Hunters little by little to bring our population back up from the barren so this land can flourish again. The lakes are poluted, our ancient trees have been cut down. It's only a matter of time before-

"Mere."

Although my hearing is dialed down, Terre has made it possible for me to jump out of my skin anyway. I turn on my heel to face him with a scowl. "Why do you always do that?"

He looks at me with those cluless green eyes of his. "Do what?"

"You always manage to scare me somehow even when my senses are down."

"Well, it's not my fault if you scare easily."

I roll my eyes. Terre meets me halfway across the room, just like we always do just in case someone else needs help getting from place to place. It's a good first aid technique for during or after battle. Right now it looks like we're both fine, even with the all the blood soaking our clothes. I turn my hearing back up, sighing at the familiar wolf howls and chirping of crickets. It's good to know that we're restoring populations again.

"Everything clear on your side?" I ask.

"Yep. Yours too?"

"Mhm." Terre and I exit the warehouse, steadily avoiding dead Hunter's bodies and puddles of blood. Little by little, I allow my senses to come back to me at a steady pace; first hearing, then touch, taste, and lastly sight. If we were to have them come back all at once then our bodies would go into a sensory overload.