The Second Task

DICLAIMER: All my stories have some excessive language, because I firmly believe cussing is good for the should, but I have added some non straight characters in this chapter. As a huge advocate and participant in the LGBT community, I have decided to let my work feature some diversity so if you do not support than DO NOT READ. Also, this chapter's POV is from James's so I could switch up my writing style a bit, let me know if y'all like it, maybe I'll feature some more POV switches in the future.

James knew as soon as his feet hit the ground that something was wrong. He sat in his bed, alone in his dorm, seeing nothing amiss, but still couldn't shake he feeling of unwariness. He just couldn't put his finger on the source. Green hues ghosted over the room one more time before looking at his bedside table. The sharp edges of the basilisk tooth drew James's attention, causing him to brush his fingertips over the words of the riddle that had been on his mind before slipping the tooth in his pocket as he heard footsteps outside his room.

Fred poked his head into the dorm, "C'mon mate, you're taking ages. Everyone has been up for hours."

James groaned, "I can't help that I love sleep."

"You are literally the only one at Hogwarts who is going to have to be in front of cameras today."

"Exactly, I need my beauty sleep."

"You're beautiful no matter what they say, Jamesie, now get up."

"Fiiiiine," James said padding over to his closet, "I'll be down in  sec." Fred left, leaving James to change and trot down the stairs minutes later.

"Thank god, the princess finally deems it worthy to grace us with his presence." Fred praised.

"You're welcome for my kindness."

Fred and James walked out of the common room, down the corridor, to the Great Hall. In front of the doors was a crowd of people milling about and people setting up tent stations. Professor Lovegood stopped them before they passed through the doors, "Fred, you can join the other students in the hall, James, you stay here." Fred hesitated, before seeing James nod in approval and walking off, "I'll be back in a bit with some food for James, he hasn't eaten yet."

Professor Lovegood smiled a bit before nodding, "Very well, Frederick," She looked at him as he walked off with a knowing look, "But no funny business."

Fred shouted over his shoulder, "Why me? Never professor, how could you assume such a thing?"

An artificial sounding voice rang out over the corridor, "Hello Champions, thank you for you participation. We are still waiting for the Minister of Magic's representative. Please feel free to take a seat as we prepare for the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament."

James decided to go to a tent to hide out from the hordes of people. Unfortunately, this was a mistake. 

A short ball of pure energy bounced up to him, "James Sirius Potter, just the young man I wanted to see! How are you? How does it feel to face your second task? Are you scared you won't be able to hold up the legacy of your father before you?''

"I'm sorry, who are you?" James asked.

"Leia Skeeter, nice to meet you, I'm covering the Triwizard tournament and the first person I wanted to talk to when I arrived is the one and only James Sirius Potter, so here I am!"