Power Play

Lucy's outfit. Enjoy!

Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV

I was currently sitting on a chair at the kitchen counter, eating a grilled cheese, which I stole from Oliver. He's a really good cook, I should steal his food more often. He was making one for himself right now.

Chase was outside, doing something with the windows, I don't know what he was doing. He had a bucket of something, so it must be important.

Chase walked back in, with the bucket and he was was wearing orange gloves.

"Hey, Chase, Whatca doing?" I asked, turning to face him. He stopped, and looked at Oliver and I.

"Oh, I just reinforced all the windows with an impenetrable polymer I designed, to keep the place safe from any threat." Chase smiled, then gently lifted my chin, kissing my temple, making me smile.

"Oh yeah, well, I just made Lucy and I grilled cheeses." Oliver shot back, showing him the pan, which had a grilled cheese on it. Chase didn't look impressed and walked away.

That's when Skylar walked in and immediately smelt something.

"Mmhmm, something smells good." She walked over to us, and Oliver noticed her.

"Yep, that's my sandwich, or Lucy's."

"No, it smells more like reinforced polymer." Skylar shook her head, making me chuckle. She's not wrong, that smell is pretty strong.

"Oh, you." Oliver pointed at Sky, and shot water out of his finger and made Sky all wet. I just laughed, looking away. Oh, he is not having a good time getting on her good side.

"Oliver!" She exclaimed, angered.

"I'm sorry, it was an accident." He apologized, the sighed. "I'm still trying to get the hang of my powers."

"Oh you poor thing, it must be so hard for you." Skylar said sarcastically, removing her hand from his shoulder.

"Skylar, that's- that's not what I meant-" He tried to apologize, but Sky wasn't having it.

"No, no, no, no! Thanks again for reminding me how you have powers, and I don't!" She exclaimed, snatching Oliver's plate, which had the grilled cheese on it, and stormed away.

I breathed sharply and got up, looking at Oliver.

"Good try, buddy." I grinned at him, and he smiled sheepishly.

"Alien chicks, am I right?" He placed his hands on his hips and walked over to Chase near the desk, I followed.

"You know I still don't get it." Chase started. "If Skylar was born a superhero, then why doesn't she have any powers?"

Yeah, I would like to know that myself.

"Well, she used too, but a human turned mutant named the Annihilator drained them out of her, and put them on a shelf as a trophy." Oliver informed, and I looked at him strangely. What? That just sounds weird.