Chapter 7

I looked at Iris and she looked a bit scared at her brother.

"Oh well Nell, we were heading back for dinner and we were taking the short cut, but I got a head start after shifting so eventually we got separated, and the next thing I know when I go back to get her some rouge was like this close to killing her, but I killed it, I lunged at it and killed it so it all fine now other than the fact that her thigh is bleeding" she said a little nervous, Connell just sighed and started walking towards me and then picked me up holding me bridal style.

"Iris come on you got to get cleaned up to"  he said before walking though the door, he didn't look my way the entire time he was carrying me until I leaned my head on his chest, he glanced my way but that was it, I would be lying if I said me and Mayu weren't a bit saddened by this but it doesn't matter I guess. We got to this big room with a large table, I guess this is we her the pack has dinner. Connell sat me down on the edge of the table; he pulled out a chair for Iris to sit down on before he left to another room returning with a box. He set it down next to me opening it to a bunch of medical supplies, he grabbed some alcohol and a cloth, he poured a little on to the cloth.

"This is going to sting a little" he said warningly, I braced myself for the pain as the cloth came in contact with my wound, I winced a little at the pain but I've been through worse this isn't my first time being hunted, I've gotten shot before and it wasn't any bullet it was a specific kind of bullet used by hunters to kill deer-shifters like me when hit in the right spot, lucky it only hit my lower back, which is why I have a small scar there but it's not anything to serious. After disinfecting and wiping it he put a orange ointment on it then bandaged it. Iris tended to her own wounds by wiping them clean and putting that orange ointment on it before putting band-aids on all her cuts. That's when I realized I'm naked again, oh no wonder he didn't look at me. I covered myself again and cleared my throat.

"Umm can I get some clothes to borrow?" I asked a bit embarrassed that it to me this long just to notice that I was naked , how dumb can I get?

" SUPER DUMB! " Mayu whisper yelled in my head.

"Not helping" I tell her.

"Yeah , I'll be right back" said Iris getting up and walking through these double doors and disappearing, I looked back at Connell and he looked at me, we kinda just stared at each other for a bit until I started to blush and looked away. Connell chuckled a bit at this before he put his hand on my head on started stroking my forehead with his thumb.

"You're so cute" he whispered softly, I blushed even more at that; he smiled a bit before taking his hand off my head and starting to walk away. I was a bit dumbfounded at his sudden action but then I called out to him.

"Where are you going?" I asked him, he turned back and grinned a bit.

"To my office I have work to do, you know the way" he said before walking away through the same double doors, I stared at the doors for a minute before looking at the floor letting my hair drape like curtain covering my tomato red face.