Chapter 8

Yuna's P.O.V

Iris came back with a some pjs and looked around a little confused.

"Where's Nell" she asked.

"He said had work to do" I answer, she looked a little annoyed by my answer before responding.

"Really he just left you here, ugh sometimes I can't believe him" she walks towards me and gave me the set of clothes, I thanked her before looking around awkwardly, where do I get dressed ?

"Umm where is the bathroom?" I asked a bit awkwardly

"Uh it's right there" she replied pointing towards the a door, I look over and see a brown wooden door; I take the pjs in my hand and walk over to the bathroom. I enter and dress myself in the pjs which might I add had clean underwear included, thank moon goddess, after changing I exited the bathroom to see Iris gone I guess she went to bed she did look pretty tired after our whole ordeal with the rogue wolf.

"Well I guess I'll just go find Connell" I whisper to myself. I went up the stairs and down the hall to what I think is his office, I take a deep breath and smell his heavenly scent on the other side of the door, I knock and wait to hear him reply.

"You can come in Yuna" he answered nonchalantly, I opened the door to see him working at his desk and writing on paper, he looked up at me with a slight grin almost making my heart stop, how is he so gorgeous?

"You can have a seat Yuna, you don't have to stand" he said motioning towards a chair.

"Right" I replied hurrying over and taking a seat. As I sat there it turned a bit awkward, I messed with me hand thinking of what to say; so I built up the courage to just ask him the questions I thought of after he locked me in that room.

"Why did you lock me in my room?" I asked, he looked up from his paper and when our eyes meet it took everything in me not to look away, his gaze was just so intense.

"Well that was only a temporary room, you'll be sleeping with me in my room, and I locked you in there to make sure you didn't go anywhere while I was working" he said in a calm voice. Which was the exact opposite of all the thoughts rushing through my head. Did he just say sleep together, like in the bed with him?

"OH YES HE DID GURL, HECK YEAH!" Mayu celebrated in my head I could sense her jumping for joy.

"Mayu why are you celebrating, what are we going to do? I am not ready to be sleeping with him, I know we're mates but we just meet today!" I mentally screamed.

"Wait your right, aw man, what are we going to do?" She asked perplexed. I mentally faced palmed myself, I decided that I'll worry about that when I get there, I turned back to Connell.

"Aleda mentioned something about practicing magic is she like a witch" I asked

"Yes, she is, but if you want to know her story I suggest you just go talk to her". He said nonchalantly again, is it me or does he seem way to calm about this situation. Now to ask about this other mate that they've been mentioning, hopefully he won't be to edgy about it he looked pretty angry when Aleda mentioned it.

"Um...Aleda mentioned that there was another mate you had, is that true?" I asked him a bit hesitantly, it happened in a flash but before I knew it he was in front of me and he started to whisper in my ear.

"Never ever mention her again, she was my true mate your the second there for you have no right to talk about her, got it" he whispered fiercely, I kept my eyes down and nodded trembling a tiny bit from the tone in his voice, I didn't mean to but my dang 6th sense got triggered taking his words as a somewhat threat. He noticed this and put his hand on my neck nesting his check to the side of my head, the trembling stopped and I started to feel those ever so pleasant sparks at his touch.

"Shhhh..it's ok, I'm sorry I scared you daino I just get very edgy at the topic of my other mate" he whispered sweetly to calm me, and it worked but I still don't understand why he won't tell me but maybe as time passes he will eventually tell me.

"Hey, it's getting late, we should get to bed" he said standing holding out his hand, I grabbed it and we left his office hand and hand to his bedroom, it was quite large but at the same time cozy, it was pretty decked out, couch, tv, king sized bed, and a door that I can only imagine leads to a dream bathroom.

"I can sleep on the couch, we don't have to sleep together, I saw how surprised you we when I said that so I'll sleep here for tonight" he stated getting some blankets and a pillow.

"You don't have to I could sleep on the couch" I offered, I didn't want him to sleep on the couch.

"It's fine, just get some rest" he said plainly, sitting down on the couch and getting comfortable, I nodded before climbing into his bed and cozying up to one of the pillows, it smelled like him and it was so calming and soft, but it wasn't that warm, I missed his warmth he seems so cold yet has this irresistible warmth to him. I curled up into a ball and fell asleep, fatigue finally catching up to me.