2. Love- Madam Puddifoot

Dear Harry~

I'm to teach you about love in this letter. This is my story.

I watched as two young students came into my tea shop. Ah, yes. I'd been waiting for the Potter boy for a while. I just knew he'd be coming soon.

But the one with him? Hm... she was one I hadn't forseen. She was pretty, oh yes. I knew of her from the many times she'd brought different boys into my shop.

Cho Chang... a gorgeous girl who was very popular with the boys at Hogwarts. Harry seemed nervous, as though he wanted to impress her but he just wasn't quite sure how.

Well, I knew that feeling well. Countless couples had come into my shop, and I could usually tell who would last.

"What can I get you, m'dears?" I asked as they sat down. They ordered two coffees, and I kept a critical eye on them for a few minutes.

My conclusion? They loved each other on the surface. Cho was fascinated with Harry, but who wasn't? Naturally, she wanted to know more about him. I just knew she'd tire of him quickly, like she always did with boys. Harry, on the other hand, didn't know what he wanted. He was only experimenting in the field of relationships and he was trying out the first girl he noticed.

No, this relationship was not a good one. I needed to cut it off, before either was hurt badly.

I decided on a spell I'd used several times before.

"Lacrimis." I muttered. A harmless spell, but highly effective. Cho would immediately be overcome with sadness, and I knew the source of her sadness at the moment was the very thing that would break them up.

"Did Cedric...m...mention me before he died?" I heard Cho ask. Excellent. A few more minutes, and Cho angrily stormed from the coffee shop.

Was I splitting up love? Oh, no. I was simply leaving Harry open for the girl right in front of his eyes; his soulmate, I was sure she'd be.

Yes, Ginny Weasley and Harry would be together in the end.

Harry, I dearly hope you're not angry at me for what I did. I tried to protect you, I did what I could. If you learn nothing else from me, I hope you know that love is a dangerous thing.

~Madam Puddifoot

***

The first 1-Shot is here!! Yayyyyy! Oh, and everything is copyrighted to J.K. Rowling, including the picture on the side!