Chapter 15 - A Wonderfully Short Story

A Wonderfully Short Story

By Claire, age 4.

Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess. Her name was Princess Tanna. She had an older brother, Prince Tom, a little sister, Princess Claire, and a father, King Jason.

King Jason loved all of his children. He wanted them to be happy. He brought Princess Tanna a new pair of ballet slippers. He brought Prince Tom a new hockey stick. He brought Princess Claire and new song book. The prince and princesses loved their new things.

But, not long after they received them, Tanna found out that they were magic. Princess Tanna’s shoes could make even the worst dancer look amazing, Prince Tom’s hockey stick could shoot goals all by itself, and Princess Claire’s song book could show the sheet music for any song in the world. The children loved their gifts even more, and thanked the king as often as they could.

But, one day, a dark cloud grew over the kingdom. The prince and princesses grew very sad. They forgot all about their gifts. Princess Tanna stopped dancing, Prince Tom stopped playing hockey, and Princess Claire stopped producing her music. The three sat at the top of highest tower in the castle. King Jason grew worried. He did not like that his beloved children were sad. He climbed to top of the tower and asked them why they were sad.

‘The cloud, it is so dark, no one can see me dance,’ Princess Tanna said.

‘The cloud, it has produced rain, I cannot play,’ Prince Tom said.

‘The cloud, it makes loud thunder, no one can hear my music,’ Princess Claire said.

King Jason did not like that this cloud was making his children unhappy. He went out into the forest and begged the cloud to leave, but it refused. He commanded the cloud to leave, but still it refused to move. King Jason sighed and went back into the castle.

Then a young prince, Prince Tyler, approached the king.

‘King Jason, I have an idea to make the prince and princesses happy again,’ he said.

‘Tell me your idea, young prince,’ said the king.

So Prince Tyler told the king. King Jason loved the idea. He called everyone in the castle to come help make the idea a reality. So, that night, everyone in the kingdom helped to build three new buildings. They built a theatre for Princess Tanna, so she can dance and everyone will see it, they built a sports arena for Prince Tom, so he can play and not worry about the rain, and they built and opera house for Princess Claire, so she can play her music and it will be heard all over the kingdom.

The prince and princesses watched the buildings being built from the tower window. Princess Tanna was so excited she choreographed a ballet just for Prince Tyler. Prince Tom was so excited he created a new play for the next big game. Princess Claire was so excited, she wrote a musical to be performed by everyone in the kingdom.

From that day on, the prince and the princess were as happy as could be. King Jason was happy too, because his children were happy.

The End.