Chapter 19

Warning: From here on, readers will encounter escalating scenes of a sexual nature. You have been warned. Now, on with the story...

♡✭༻♫༺♡༻♫༺✭♡

When he reached his room he found her there sitting at her desk staring into her latest watercolour. He smiled at the memory of her horror last night when he'd pointed out the latest element of danger, the crooked branch of the tree above the garden in her painting, just waiting to fall on the next unsuspecting person who might dare sit on the lovely bench beneath it.

It distressed her to believe that she was capable of painting such dangers but it amused the hell out him to point them out to her, so he couldn't help himself. Sometimes she was so incredibly adorable, that all he wanted was to eat her up!

"Janie, you're not still fretting over that branch, are you?" he asked with an indulgent smile.

"No, Falquen," she said with a rueful pout. "I was just imagining how it would be to show my paintings in a real art gallery one day." She took a deep breath and sighed wistfully.

"Well, whenever you're ready to do so, you only need to ask. I'll help you however I can," he said, unable to resist smoothing his hand over her silky hair.

"You will, won't you?" she asked, looking up at him with those trusting eyes. He nodded temporarily speechless, his fingers still in her hair. "Don't think it silly, but I like to think of you as my mentor. I've learned so much from you already. I want you to teach me everything you know." She stood up and smiled at him. "But tonight is your big night, and I can't wait to be there for you. If there's anything you need me do to help, you just say so, okay?"

Before he could stop to think, he bent down, cupped her chin with his hand and kissed her. Her lips were soft, her breath was sweeter than anything he could've imagined. When she didn't resist, he deepened the kiss. Her supple lips willingly parted for him and she gave a little whimper. The sound so enticing that it nearly crippled him.

Janie felt herself slipping, falling into his unexpectedly gentle kiss. If not for his arm around her waist and his hand supporting her chin, she may have even crumpled to the floor like a rag doll at the sudden, yet most welcome stirrings that his kiss was awakening within her.

He pulled away only for a moment to catch his breath. He looked at her. Her eyes were still closed, her cheeks flushed and rosy with desire, her lips glistening and slightly parted in anticipation of a second kiss. She opened her blue eyes and gazed at him, need and permission to proceed written all over her beautiful face. He hesitated only for a fleeting moment, for who was he to deny her anything?

He kissed her again, only not nearly as gently as he had the first time. This kiss was raw and demanding, hungry and thirsty for every last drop of her drugging sweetness.

Overwhelmed and way out of her league, Janie could only cling to him helplessly as he ravished her tender lips with his mouth. He was a wall of steely muscle and unyielding strength, an unstoppable force and he towered over her, consuming her every fibre with unquenchable desire. She whimpered when she felt his tongue invade her mouth and intermingle with her own. His tongue was hot, wet and possessive as he plundered. That's when she heard herself moan and felt her knees finally buckle.

"Falquen..." she gasped, suddenly frightened at her inexperienced body's primal response.

"Shh..." he whispered, catching her, swiftly lifting her off her feet and carrying her towards his bed. It had been so long, so long since he'd felt anything like this. Sheer animalistic desire raged through his veins and his heart pounded thunderously in his chest.