Chapter 3: Start over

"For what it's worth... it's never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you've never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you're not, I hope you have the courage to start over again."

― F. Scott Fitzgerald

I cannot begin to explain the importance of starting over, how even when we have lived a long life, at the point in which we are no happy with where we are in life, or where we are going ,we  can always just start over, place ourselves in a position where nothing else but the person that we want to be, and the person that we hope to see ourselves as one day matters.

Our biggest problem as humans is that we know what it is that we want to achieve, but more often than not, we do not take the necessary steps to achieve those goals. It is strange how we are forever making excuses, always trying to explain why we aren't where we want to be in life, or why we aren't trying hard enough, why we don't put in the effort, but we never actually work on those things.

We don't want to accept that it is what you put in that matters most. I understand as well as the next person that there is no formula to life, to happiness or to even love,but I also understand that staying in the same position, and always complaining about how things never go your way,will not actually make things go your way.This is why it is so important for us as humans to learn the art of starting over.

Starting over does not necessarily mean that we now to change the visions and goals that we have set for ourselves, but rather, it means that we need to start changing the direction that we are moving in.it means accepting that maybe our method of doing things or trying to achieve our goals is not necessarily the best way.Change is hard and it takes the bravest of souls to allow change to happen not only to them,but also that they happen to change. What makes change hard for most of us is the unknown, it can be scary to think that we might possibly navigate our way to a certain point in life only to find that it is also not what we were in search of,but unfortunately there comes a time in all of our lives where moving towards the unknown is necessary.

I've realized that one of the greatest evils is not just being in a place where we do not want to be in or where we are not happy,but the greatest evil is staying in the place where we are no longer happy merely because we are afraid to start over and give ourselves and the world another chance.