Part-5

The 'fourth dude' or Rehan ( I have such bad luck ) walks up to Ma (ma looks wonder-struck!Now that is something) and greets her.He then does the bro-hug with Zay while Ma recovers and asks him about his flight. They have their little tete-tete that they almost forget sweet-little-me,dazed in a corner until Rehan asked Ma about me .Then,ONLY then ,ladies and gentlemen,do my dear mother and brother remember about my existence .They were too caught up in Rehan-world.

I walk up to them,a bit embarrassed.

"Layla,this is Rehan" Ma tells me.oh!So his name was Rehan . I thought you were talking to Zayn Malik.Way to go,Ma.

"Assalmualikum" I greet him.

"Walaikumassalam"he returns my greeting,with a smirk. His accent was awesome . This was not the lanky nine year old I remembered, I almost have to lift my head to see him now and the fact that he looks so attractive isn't helping at all.Nope,not even one bit.

"You have changed " I say,instinctively " A LOT"

"I know" he agrees with me in that deep ,husky voice of his.okay!Staying with him might not be so bad after all."even you,but you are still short" he retorts. There,I said it too soon.

"I am the perfect height. You are the one who is super tall" I defend myself .Oh come on! 5.8 feet isn't even close to short.

"Yeah,Whatever helps you sleep at night"he retorts ,before following Ma and Zay back to our car pulling his luggage along with him .

" oh please!!Admit that You are wrong" I nag him

"Nah ,girl. I stick to my earlier statement "He puts the trolleys into the car's rear and gets in

"Loser .." I tease him ,laughing deliriously. I know it wasn't even a big deal but I rock at exaggerating stuff until it blows out of proportion

In Just five minutes-
Layla:1
Rehan:0

Ma gives me a tiny pinch (Indian mothers are like that) on my arm." ouch" I scream " what was that for??" I ask her.

"BEHAVE" she warns me.

"Okay okay" I know better than to disagree with Ma

All the way home,Rehan and Zay were trying to decide whether it was the car or the untimely use of nitro that made him lose the level.(Boys and their NFS.Blah ) while I used the opportunity to check out Rehan.

He had blond hair,very expressive eyes and his face looked like they were chiseled out of marble. He kept on running his fingers through his hair and even though I hate to admit,the messy look upped his handsomeness quotient. He had worn a dark blue button down shirt tucked into beige chinos and red loafers.

We finally reach home and am happy to be out of their "that lambo,Mustang,Porsche " bla bla bla convos. I get out of the car first and wait in front of the door impatiently till Ma pays the taxi guy and Rehan takes his luggage.

Rehan dropped his luggage at the foot of the stairs and followed Ma to the kitchen as she made him a refreshment . I was going to quietly slip away to my room and continue my nap  when Ma told me to help carry Rehan's luggage upstairs.

"Ma..he is a boy .I think he can handle it well enough" I tell her,slightly intimidated by the two large suitcases

"That's fine,aunty!Ill carry it" Rehan tells Ma as he walks out of the kitchen"after all she is JUST a girl.A weak little SHORT thing"he whispers when he nears me.

The close proximity affects me a bit but I brush it off and stand tall "Oh,I would like you to watch me ,mister" I say him while on an impulse ,I took one of those huge trolleys of his and lugged them upstairs. I was literally panting for breath while I reached the landing but I hope he dint notice.

I dragged it to Ziyad's -but now Rehan's room- and just left in the middle. Rehan entered behind me with the other suitcase and he pushed both of them into a corner.

"So?" I ask,excited about my double victory.

"What?" He asks me,looking completely innocent.

"The 'weak little short thing' just carried your forty-something kilogram trolley upstairs,loser" I tell him in a sing song voice,with air-quotes

"Now,cupcake" he tells me,falling into Ziyad's -but now currently his -bed with a smile.He called me a cupcake??A bloody cupcake ??And what is with that smile?

"Stop comparing me to a fancy piece of baked flour!" I hate it.

He ignores me"Have you heard about reverse psychology?"he asks me.

I nod in the affirmative but what does that have to do with this situa-oh wait!!Shit!!I am such an idiot.

"I knew you wouldn't carry it if I asked but then I had only one way to get you to do it" he explains with a smirk

"Youuuu..." I am so going to kill him.

"Now,now ,cupcake,Get out of my room"he shoos me away.

"DONT CALL ME THAT !!"

"Sure cupcake,anything for you" This jerk is unbearable.He hadn't changed one bit in those nine years except maybe... his looks.

"Just you wait ,mister,payback is going to be a bitch" I warn him before walking away

And now it was
Layla:1
Rehan :1
It's a bloody tie!

~*~*~
Soooo..how was it??Let me know

Love
Luthfa❤️