Part-12

I was totally uncomfortable at dinner that day.Who could have sent that message?

It could be any one of my friends pranking me.
It could be ANYONE.

"What is with that long face?" Rehan asked me,while taking another helping of the fried rice.

"Nothing.." I lied

It could be anyone....even Rehan

After dinner,I helped Ma with the dishes and ran up the stairs,taking two steps at a time before barging into Rehan's room

"The door is placed there for knocking,you know" he muttered,turning over in his bed to face me.

"Don't play" I warned him

"Play?" He looked genuinely surprised

"dint you send me a message?"

"What message?" He looked at me as if I had horns on my head. Maybe he really has nothing to do with it.

"Did you or dint you ?" I wasn't ready for games.

"Whatever if is that you are talking about,I have nothing to do with it"he denied.

"Can I trust you?" Somehow,I just couldn't bring myself to believe him.

"Personally I would advice against it, but yes,most if the girls say I am trustworthy " he drawled,trying to irk me.

"I don't care what your ninnies think" I shot back

"That's what every girl told too" he said, with a smug smile

"I don't care"

"you already said that TWICE"

"Oh shut up"

He just laid there smiling up at me.He is so annoying.

I am facing a life threatening issue and all he can do is make fun of me.

"So what is the matter of this message that makes you honour me with your presence?"

"Just the usual" I lied smoothly.I was getting good at this lying thing.

"And how did 'just the usual' rile you up this much?"

Oh boy!! This guy is so pesky.

"I wasn't riled" I defend myself,weakest

"Whatever" he said,turning back I the position he was sleeping earlier in.

~*~*~*

Insomnia is one thing I have never had to deal with in my entire life. My head jut had to hit the pillow and I would be dozing off within seconds but tonight was different.

I just couldn't bring myself to sleep,no matter how hard I tried .

That person whoever he/she was described me as 'delicate' ,the last thing on the world that I would be associated with.

Maybe it was some of my buddies pranking me.It had to be them.

I barely slept a wink and the next morning, I was disgusted with the hollow under my eyes and even the terrible headache.

I freshened up,finished my prayer and went down for breakfast.

"You look like a zombie" Zayn said,the minute he saw me

"Get lost"

"A cranky zombie" Rehan corrected him

"Allah...can't you guys give me peace?" I was already feeling so down and now this self confidence boost is just what I needed.

"Chill" Zayn backed away

I took my toast and was on the way to the table when Rehan came to me.

"Is there any problem?" He asked,concerned

"No" I tell him,a bit too firmly

"Relax,tiger!You don't have to be so rude,I was just trying to help"

GOsh!!I realised that I was being so mean for no fault of his.

"Sorry" I apologised to him "it's just that I have a lot on my mind"

He chose it better to not prod me further and walked away.

As soon as we entered school,I kept looking around in case anyone was noticing me.

Rehan kept shooting me curious glares.

I was behaving like a jumpy cat so it must have looked suspicious.I have to stop acting like an idiot

I was almost going to enter my class when I saw Adil strolling down the corridor .

His face split into a beautiful smile when he saw me.

"Lover boy is coming this way" Rehan whispered near me.

"He is not LOVER BOY" I corrected him

Rehan chose to ignore me and walk to class as I stood rooted in place.

My heart was thudding when I saw him walk towards me with easy steps.All the juniors moved out of their way while others just looked up at him in open adoration.

It was then that it hit me.

His words,yesterday "It happens to all newbies,don't worry" was somewhere in with the message's lines "But don't you worry,my darling ,for everyone has had stage fear at one moment of their lives"

Does Adil Ebrahim,my forever crush, admire me??

It sounded too good to be true but I just couldn't stop my face turning as red as a tomato the minute he neared me.

~*~*~*

Another chapter done :)

Hope u guys enjoyed it.If you have any ideas ,please feel free to share:)

Love ,
Luthfa ❤️