Part-6

Next morning,I woke up expecting to enjoy the last two days of fun before school reopens until I remember that Rehan is here. My days of fun were officially over the minute he landed in the airport.

I brush my teeth and walk down in my pjs.

"Assalamualikum" I scream,as usual when I reach the landing.

Ma and Zay returns the greetings used to me screaming my throat out every morning.

"Gosh!Can't you tone down your voice?" Rehan asks me,covering his ears with his palms .

"She is always like that,it is so annoying" Zay sides up with him.

"You never complained all these days...admit it,you secretly adore me"I tease Zay ,pinching his cheek and completely ignoring Rehan in the process.

"Bleh" Zay makes faces behind me.

I get my cup of coffee from Ma and prop myself on the table .I thought about acting normal since Rehan is here but I can't pull it off for an entire year so I decided to do what I usually do .

"These four legged things aren't for decoration,you know" Rehan comments ,pointing to the ten empty chairs around the table

"Oooh!Then what are they used for?"I ask him innocently.

"Normal people sit on it,not the table"

"Says who?"

"Says me"

"And me too" Zay joins in

"The thing you are sitting on..." I start to defend myself when Ma calls out for me .

"What ,Ma?" I ask her,walking into the kitchen.

"Don't sit on the table when there is a boy in the house.BEHAVE,Layla" she advices me in her stern voice.

Okay okay,cool! Act normal and go sit on that damn chair and pretend like this never happened I tell myself.

"What did Ma say?" Zay asked me. That cheeky idiot.

"It's a girls thing ,you both are too young for that" I lie

"Oooh" they both say in unison

After a while ,I hear them snickering.Shit!!These jerks apparently were eavesdropping

"What?" I ask,annoyed when I find Rehan staring at me.

"You are adorable" he says,out of thin air.What the hell is wrong with this kid?

"I WHAT?" I am simultaneously followed by Zain's "ADORABLE??HER??"He screams,pointing at me"So not cool,bro!" Zay admonishes him

"Yup,she is" he shrugs and just like that,gets up and walks off. Did he just call me 'adorable''?

I take a minute to comprehend the situation.Was I dreaming? I look up to find Zay staring at me.

"what?" I ask him.

"Trying to figure out which part of you is supposedly 'adorable' " he adds his air quotes.

"You are jealous" I just enjoy riling him up

"He is blind"

"Aww...baby boo is jealous" I tease him further

"Adorable ,my foot!!" Zay ,probably not interested in being annoyed further storms away

"Layla,can you tell Rehan when he has to go to school to collect his uniform and books?"Ma calls out from the kitchen.

"He probably knows"I say,as I continue sipping my coffee.

"He doesn't and I told him that you said you would help him"

"I dint say any such thing"

"you dint but you should have .Finish your coffee and go help that boy"

"Layla.."I hear Rehan calling, from upstairs

"Yeah?"

"About the uniforms" he starts

"Coming" I lie,taking a huge bite of the cake I baked yesterday.

After a few minutes:

"Layla..." Rehan again

"Coming " I say,as I start reading the newspaper. I am actually enjoying this.

After almost half a hour:

"Get your ugly ass here,you idiot " he has finally lost it .

"But...you said I am adorable" Was it a dream or is he bipolar?

~*~*~*
Heyy.....hope you enjoyed it

Please vote and comment

Love,
Luthfa❤️