Part-8

"Gosh!Why don't the vehicles have smoke filters?"Rehan starts complaining the minute we enter the city.

"Maybe cause they all aren't as rich as you"I reason out

"Well,if they aren't rich then they should be driving a bloody bicycle and not a car"He has a point there.

"Maybe you can tell that to people when you are campaigning for the President" I say,trying to be clever.

"No Presidental hopes for me"

"Afraid that you wouldn't get even a single vote?" I tease him

"Nope" he denies

"Then?"

"I don't have an Indian citizenship"

"Oh" I dint think about THAT.

"Why do these people have to park their car right in front of the place where there is a board saying " NO PARKING" ?" He complains AGAIN.

"Maybe they can't read,you know"

"There is a freaking sign too "

"Maybe they are blind" I know it is stupid but I love my state and am going to faithfully defend it.

"Yeah,blind but can drive a car."he retorts,sarcasm in his tone.

"I know right!We are super talented like that" I say with a smile.I am not giving up.

Finally we reach school and I am super happy to get out of the car.

"Hi,Layla.Hi Jess madam"the watchman greets us with a smile.

The staff here calls Jess 'madam' because her dad is on the school board and so she gets special treatment,not that I mind.

"Hi ,uncle" I wave .

"Who is that white boy with you?" He asks me in his broken English.

"Oh,he is Rehan.He is joining us this year" I introduce Rehan to him.

"Hi!You know Layla before?" Uncle asks him.

"Yeah"

"Me and she ...we make your year confortable"

"You mean 'she and I' ?" Rehan corrects him.

"No my boy,not you.Me and she,I say"

"No,that's not how you say it.Its 'she and I' "

"My dear boy,not YOU ..you are the guest..."

"Uncle" I interrupt them ,before his feelings are hurt "we have to go"

"But this boy doesn't underst..."

"I know,uncle.You have an entire year to make him understand. " I pull a gawking Jess along with me before making sure Rehan is far away from uncle.

"You should have told him he was wrong " Rehan now picks on me

"He was just being nice.Why did you have to go find grammatical errors in that?" I was the one who taught uncle English and it has just been a year and he is speaking really well for a beginner .

"I can't help it"

"Hello,ma'am" I greet the teacher in the office, distracting myself from Rehan.

"Hey,dear.How have the holidays been?" She greets me with a smile.

"Wonderful,ma'am.Thank you .My relative here.." I start to introduce Rehan

"I am Rehan,joining eleventh this year.I would like to know where I can get the books." Can't this guy wait for me to introduce him?

"Sure, dear."she beams up, at him.

While she came out to get his set of books,he held open the door for her and they started chatting about his country and his previous school.She is obviously impressed with him.

I sat on the waiting bench in the corner where I had previously seated Jess.

"I have no idea why he dragged me here when he can do it all by himself." I tell Jess.

"Uhmm"

"I mean,did you hear what he told uncle?"

"Uhnmm "

"Jess ?" I turned around to look at her.She looked startled,like I disturbed her day dream.

"Psst,Layl " Jess calls me 

"Yeah?" I lean into her

"Doesn't he look so hot...while he is running his fingers through his hair?" She whisper-asks me

"Who?" I ask her,confused

She doesn't say anything .

"Don't ...please don't tell me you meant him" I jerk my head to Rehan.

She just blushes in reply.Oh shit!Now even my best friend is obsessed with him.

~*~*~

Just a short chapter.Sorry if it was a bit boring ,but I promise to make it up to you guys with the next chapter.

Lots and lots of love,
Luthfa❤️