Chapter 4

Did I really just lie to Minseok again? Gosh you suck at being a friend, fuck being a best friend. I thought while drying myself off with my towel after my shower. Why would Minseok talk about me with his bandmates? That's stupid, I would never meet them anyway.

I got out of my bathroom and into my parent's room. I spent more time in their room then mine. It made me believe that were still out there. I sat on the bed and took the landline besides it. I called a number the same number I call everying single night.

'Park Hyun Ki is not here right now. Please leave a voicemail by hitting one,' The same voice repeated. I hit one.

"Dad? Do you still remember me? I'm still doing well in school. I'm getting the highest score in math just like you did. I hope you're proud of me. Just like when I was able to fly a kite on my first try when I was four. Do you remember?" Tears started to pour down my face again. "Dad I still miss you. I promise I always will. Please come back. At least call me back. ***-***-****"

I hanged up and placed my head on my sheets. I started to cry, just like I do every night. Nobody, not even Minseok knows about this. I hoped my dad was still alive and hearing these calls.

My laptop start to ring. When I open it, I see Minseok calling me through Skype. My fingers brushed all the tears away and I accept his request.

"Min Jee!!" His voice screamed through the laptop.

"Yes?" I noticed about 11 people behind him grining and smiling. "Who are these people?"

"My band mates!! Say hi!" He showed off his toothy smile.

"Annyeonghaseyo Park Min Jee!" They all said at the same time. It was almost like they were singing.

"Hi." I slowly said. There were so many eyes on me, making me feel very uncomfortable.

"Do you remember me Min Jee?" Chanyeol said. His hair was darker this time.

"Of course. But your hair is different." I bring up.

"Yea. Company made me dye it darker," He then grinned. "I look sexier don't you think?"

"Anything more intresting thing to talk about?" I rollled my eyes. Chanyeol scoffed.

"You haven't changed," he teasily grumbled.

"You have,"

"Anyways!" Minseok says. "I'll introduce you everyone."

After introductions, I chose to call most of them by their stage name. Lay's real name was just too hard to say.

"Minseok says you can speak different languages." Kris smiled. He had a really gummy smile.

"Yea I can. I was born in America." I said in English.

"My mother is Cantonese," I said in Cantonese.

"Now I live in Korea." I spoke in Korean

"Learn Mandarin!" Luhan pouted lightly

"You should help the boys speak English," Kris' English was perfect.

Minseok started to peer at the screen. I raised a brow.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Stop creeping on your best friend!" Kai exclaims.

"You were crying," Minseok then says, catching me off gaurd.

"What? You are lame," I teared the lie out of my tongue.

"Don't test me Park Min Jee." He said. His playful smile floated away. Tao looked closer at the screen.

"You were, there's a hint of red underneath your eyes." He mentions. I looked down.

"No I'm just tired."

"Why were you crying?" Sehun ignored my statement. .

"None your bussiness." I slightly glared. I tried really hard to hid my cold side.

"Min Jee..." Minseok sighed.

"I gotta go. I'll see you all soon,"

"Wait Min Je-!" I shut my latptop.

Blood rushed to my cheeks. Anger had over come me and I threw one of the pillows at the wall. I wanted to scream at myself. Why couldn't I have just dissed them off? I'm normally better at dissing people rather then talking.

Tears started to flow down again as I pulled the sheets on top of me. My pillow soon drowned in tears as I cried. My mind did not help at all by adding in flash back dreams.

Flashback ~~

"Park Min Jee, you and Kim Minseok are paired up to do a project the on elephants." Our seonsaeng said when we were in 8th grade.

"Please everyone partner up!"

"Hi! I'm Minseok!" He laughed in his smile. He was so happy, I didn't like it.

"I don't care." I shurgged.

"Don't act like that! Just smile! Elephants are going to make you happy." He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Yea, don't worry, I'll do the work by myself." I brushed his hand off.

"No. I'm gonna help. I'll see you after school,"

"No, It'll be fi-"

"See you at 4:30." He smirked and walked out off the class right when the bell rang.

Once I got to the library, Minseok was sitting in one of tables, his backpack saving me a seat. He seemed so into the book because when I walked up to him, he didn't notice.

"H-Hi?" I walked towards him. He looked up with sparkling fun eyes and moved his bag on the floor.

"Yay! You actually came!" He smiled. I hushed him and sat down.

"We are in a library," I shout-whispered to him. He did this small innocent shrug.

"Anyways, look at how fat this one is!" He laughed. I pulled my bag onto the floor.

Our poster had drawn pictures of elephants. He wrote and printed all the facts. Our poster was basically done.

"It looks reaaaally good!" He smiled. He pointed at one of the pictures I drew.

"You can draw so well." He complimented.

"Thanks." I placed the pencil behind my ear. I started to pack up.

"Would you like to take the poster home for now? Or I?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter. I'll take to for you." He smiled.

The next day was when we actually clicked. I was sitting against the locker sketching a drawing of flower. When I was about to start the petal last petal, someone grabbed the paper and crumbled up. I saw a boy above me laughing.

"What are you doing?" I got up..

"You didn't need that right?" The boy grinned and threw it in the trash

"I didn't need it. I kinda wanted it though," I glared.

"Therefore it's okay then.I threw it away," He chuckled. His little group laughed.

"Sheesh. Leave her alone Chin Ho," Someone's fimilar voice said.

"What are you saying?" Chin Ho turned around. I noticed Minseok, rolling his eyes.

"Why bully her? There's no point." He shrugged. "Its not like she's throwing a punch at your or doing anything."

"Still, isn't fun to make her look stupid?" He smirked.

"No," Minseok scoffed. "It's lame, making fun of someone who's just drawing."

"Fine then," Chin Hoo gawked at me.

I picked up my bag and started to head to my next class. I caught Minseok wink at me before he blended into the crowd. Why did he stand up for me? Why did he care so much?