Chapter 19

I jolted awake from a nightmare that I was previously having. I blinked my eyes a few times and looked around the darkness of my room, breathing heavily and drenched in my own sweat. I immediately stripped off my sweatshirt and laid back down in only a tank top. My thoughts kept wandering back to the strange dream I had when I realized that my bed was now empty. I unlocked my phone and checked the time; 5am on the dot. The moon was shining through my still open window which I knew I would scold Michael about the next time I saw him.

My mom could be heard downstairs shuffling through things and scurrying through the house as she was about to leave for work. To both of our surprises she was still told to be in the office a day after she came back, but she was able to get off a few hours earlier than normal. I groaned and sat back up, now being wide awake. I hauled myself off my bed and quietly opened my door to head downstairs but stopped myself when I heard my mother's voice on the phone.

"Sharon, I don't know how to tell her." She sighed.

"Who's Sharon?" I whispered to my self as I looked around, trying to collect my thoughts. There was a pause as the conversation continued.

"I think I'll be able to mention it by the end of the week." I heard her heels clicking towards the stairs so I rushed back into my room, only listening to her through the crack through my door. "The promotion is very exciting, thank you." I could just hear the smile in her voice and my worries left me. This was huge for us. I reopened my door and began making my way down stairs. She caught me out of the corner of my eye and her smile immediately faded. "I'll catch up with you when I get to the office, it'll be great to be back in. Bye." She quickly said as she hung up.

"Good morning." I spoke from beside her. I felt very fatigued from only sleeping four hours, which I made a mental note of catching up on very soon. My mom pulled me in for a tight hug, squeezing me once more before pulling back and gripping my shoulders.

"Why are you up so early?" She asked worriedly.

"Bad dream." I shrugged my shoulders and glanced away from her. "I though you'd already left?" I questioned as I checked the clock. She should be running 15 minutes late.

"Just running late." Spot on. She kissed my forehead once and speed towards the door. "I'll be home at five tonight. I love you!" She called as she closed the door and locked it from outside. My head dipped down and I blew a piece of hair out of my face.

"Love you too." I mumbled.

-

My eyes crept open, letting the sun light from a window wake me. I took notice at the fact that I was now back in my room. I had no clue had I had gotten back up here, but I did notice that I wasn't alone. Lue was laying on my bed opposite of me, sleeping soundly as Michael was curled up in the chair in front of my desk, his arm supporting his head. I smiled softly at the sight and let them be.

I rolled out of bed carefully, making sure not to wake Lue. I threw on the sweatshirt I had tossed across my room this morning and walked towards my window that was still open. I shut it slowly and locked it tight.

"What am I going to do with him.." I whispered, shaking my head.

"Do with who?" Michael's husky voice asked. I turned around to him and watched him as his stretched his arms and legs out, just waking up from his sleep. I put a finger up to my lips and nodded towards the sleeping girl at the end of my bed. He gave me a sorry look and I dragged him downstairs to where we could now talk in our normal voices.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked as I followed him to the couch.

"What? Can your friends not visit you?" He taunted. I kicked my legs up and rested them on his lap as the arm of the couch supported my back. "I'm not a footstool, by the way." He peered down to my now crossed ankles.