Chapter 30

"Maddie." I faint voice called. I stirred in my sleep, not wanting to be awaken yet. The person kept shaking my shoulder until my eyes flicked open. "Madison." My mother's stern tone caught my attention as I slowly woke up.

I was curled up on Michael's hip, looking as if we fell asleep sitting up but had literally fallen down to the side. A light blanket was thrown over us, just enough to keep our shared body heat intact. I looked up at my mom who was hovering over us, purse and keys in hand.

"I'm leaving for work. Make sure to get up in about an hour." She checked her watch and looked outside the window, it still being pitch black. She bent down and kissed my forehead as she moved her way around Michael's sleeping body to give me a proper hug. "I love you, have a safe flight. I'll see you in a week." She smiled lightly once she pulled back and twisted the sleeves from he blouse back around.

"I love you too." I spoke through my tired voice. I had only gotten around 5 hours of sleep, but I could always save that for my plane ride. I waited until I heard the door shut to let out a puff of breath.

I felt nervous now that I thought about it more. I was going to be all by myself in a big city without anyone to guide me, but it was only for a week. I wasn't exactly worried anymore, it just all seemed to come down onto me know, like it was all settling in.

I stayed attached to his side even as he started moving around under me. I resisted away from him slightly so he could move a little more freely, but my attempt failed and he began to wake up. I watched his eyelids flutter open and he looked around before finding me. He lazily gave me a half smile and let the small amount of sleep wash over him.

"Good morning." His voice was husky yet soothing. I settled my head back onto his chest chest and mumbled a 'good morning' back. "What time is it?" He questioned. He took his arm off my back at rubbed his tired eyes. I checked the wall clock, seeing that we'd only gotten barely 4 hours of sleep. More of a nap than anything.

"It's almost 5." I sighed. We had to leave in a little over an hour which meant we had actually woken up too early. There wasn't enough time to go back to sleep, but I didn't want to just stumble around when barely needed 20 minutes to get my things together. I didn't need to get ready, I was literally planning on rolling out of bed and changing my clothes and leaving.

"Go upstairs and do what you need to do for this flight, I got your suitcases." He got up despite my objections and was already by the door which was where my bags were.

"We don't need to leave until-"

"I'm taking you somewhere." He cut me off as he opened the door, stopping it behind him with his foot. I was going to fight it once again, but decided to let him play his game. I knew he wouldn't purposely make me miss my flight so I didn't worry.

I jogged up the stairs and made my way into my bathroom for the last time. It was empty besides the shelves under my sink and the few candles I had. I didn't see the need to take them, so I had left them as the few things of mine my mom would finish packing up this week.

I twisted my hair into a braid and washed my face, putting on the slightest bit of makeup since the bags under my eyes and pale face was not complimenting me. I walked back into my room, sighing as I took my last look around. I snickered to myself as I looked at my walls that were finally all painted green. Definitely a good recommendation.

My eyes were caught by a piece of clothing stuffed in the foot of my bed. I was curious since all of my clothes were packed into my drawers or stuck in my boxes. I tugged at it roughly to get it to slip out, but I was still careful not to rip it. It was barely budging, but after a good few pulls I was able to get it out. I instantly recognized the black jacket as Michael's, the one he gave me the first night I ever met him.