Chapter 36

This was all very strange for me. Living in a strange house for 2 weeks, sleeping in a strange bed, becoming familiar with a strange city. But then again, a lot of new things come out of strange and new scenarios.

I always think about the first night I stayed at Michael's. What would happen if my mom didn't have to work late? Or what if it didn't rain that night? There were so many 'what if's' and it was impeccable how things just fell in line. And what's frightening is that Michael and I's future is already planned out, it's already set and stone. So many things are going to happen and I honestly don't know how it's going to end. But for right now, I wanted things perfectly as they are in the present.

Today was the day Michael and I were supposed to be hauling the few things we had in this house into the moving truck. Why we never paid for professionals with bigger muscles to do it instead is beyond me. So now it's dwindled down to having a table and a mattress loaded into the downsized truck and I was now taking a nap on the couch. It was already 8pm and I had been asleep for about half an hour and I hadn't been planning on waking up soon, that is until I felt the couch underneath me wobbling around.

I slowly opened my eyes, letting a cold breeze hit my exposed arms. I was laying on my back and was now looking at stars instead of the bland ceiling I was used to. I heard a few words from behind me that I wasn't able to make out, but in a matter of seconds the voice was louder and more audible to me.

"How'd you sleep, Princess?" Michael asked with s smug look on his face, looking down at me once. I was currently laying on a moving couch with Michael at my head and Cas at my feet. Cas laughed along with Michael, seeing as they've bonded over carrying a couch with my sleeping body on it towards a moving van.

"Could you not wait until I woke up?" I yawned, sitting up once they put the furniture down at the end of the driveway.

"We tried." Michael chuckled, offering a hand to help me stand up from where I was sitting. I stretched my arms out, letting the cool air hit the exposed skin on my lower stomach. I pulled my shirt down quickly, taking in that it was colder at night than it was back home. "Why don't you head back inside? It's getting cold, don't need you sick." He smiled down at me, nudging my arm lightly.

"Michael." I whined.

"Go." He insisted as he shooed me off and picked up the edge of the couch once more. I turned on my heels, heading back into the home.

I looked around, getting a good look around. It was weird that I had spent 2 weeks living here and I would be going back as if none of it had ever really happened. I knew that I wouldn't be going back to the same house, it seemed like a very misconstrued plan, but I knew it would all work out and that I'd settle eventually.

The only thing left in the house was a chair and the bed and blankets that I had in my room that we'd finish loading tomorrow morning. It was like living in a model house for 2 weeks, unfamiliar furniture that was sparse. We were taking it along since our new house was going to be bigger and we needed to fill up the space so it actually wasn't a waste of money after all.

I heard Michael's shoes tap against the sleek hardwood, then the front door shut gently. I exited my room and stepped around the corner to see him taking off his jacket and putting it on the coat hooks. He must have heard me enter the room since his head turned to my exact direction. A soft smile pulled at his lips, as one did on mine too.

"Where's Cas?" I asked, meeting him in the middle of the empty living room.

"He headed back home. He said he'd spare us some time together." He chuckled, grabbing me in to kiss my forehead. We stayed silent for a few moments, just letting our steady breaths fill the gap.