~You're not alone anymore...~~Jason the toymaker x Child!Orphan!Reader

(This one is more of a mini-story since it's really long, but anyways I hope you like it! ^*^)

You were an 8 year old little girl that lost your mother during childbirth, your father had died as a soldier fighting for his family and his country. You stayed at the hospital until you were 5, you were not given an orphanage to stay at because none would allow it due to financial reasons, so the doctors had no choice but to leave you on the streets, at least, that's what you were told. It was a cold and rainy night, and you sat shivering beneath a dimly lit streetlight in a forgotten nieghborhood, hardly anyone ever came to this place, and when they did it was police because somebody committed some awful crime like murder. It was scary, but you didn't mind it because when they came, there would always be that one guy that left you some donuts and water since they felt bad for you, that was pretty much what you survived on, you never really had much else, causing your skin to become pale. (When you needed to use the bathroom you had to go a couple miles to a public restroom that was by an old park, it was filled with everything you needed surprisingly.)

As you sat alone in the freezing night air, you wondered to yourself if there would ever be someone who would be there for you, someone to hold you and tell you that they would never leave you, someone who loved you.

These thoughts ran through your mind every single day.

You sat with your legs curled up against your chest and your face buried in them as you leaned into the cold metal of the lightpost, in faint hopes of shading yourself from the pouring rain at least a little.

Suddenly, you heard a noise, almost like a squeak.

You lifted your head slightly to listen, and the noise happened again, only this time, it sounded closer.

You lifted your head all the way and looked in front of you, to see a small black mouse, it was a windup one too, but...where did it come from?

You looked around to see if anyone was there that could have sent the small toy your way, but there was no one in sight. You looked to the mouse again, ignoring the drops of rain that slid down your almost grey face.

It was a small, black, windup mouse. It had glowing beady red eyes,  a mechanical key on its back, and it had a curled nose, but oddly enough, it had no tail.

You tilted your head in curiosity, you had never seen such an interesting looking toy before.

Your eyes widened slighty as you heard the noise once again, and watched as the small windup rodent inched closer to you, stopping at your right side. You slowly moved your right hand from your legs, and lowered it to the small toy. Your fingers brushed against its soft back and lightly touched the mechanical key, it barely came a centimeter closer as you did this,

"Does it want me to wind it up?" You thought.

You carefully picked it up, putting your left hand to the key, and turned it a few times. Once you did, the small mouse spun in a little circle around your hand. You heard the mouse squeak once again, and it slid down your hand to your arm and up onto your shoulder.

For the first time in years, a small smile painted your face as you pet the live toy rodent.

Just then, you heard a scream come from a few miles away, it sounded like a young boy. You stood up slowly and looked towards where the scream came from. You looked at the mouse to see it was looking that way aswell, it squeaked again, but this time it sounded a bit more like it was requesting something.

"D-Do you wanna go see what that was?"

You quietly asked the small toy, your voice quivering from the ice cold rain that constantly dowsed your skin. The mouse squeaked once more, but this time in a more agreeing tone.