~Protector from the Storm~~Eyeless Jack x Child!Reader~

You were 11 and it was a stormy night in the Slender mansion. You never liked storms that much, you found them scary, especially the ones that had loud thunder and many lightning strikes.

Unfortunately, this was one of those storms.

Slenderman had tucked you in before he went to bed and soon others did the same, but due to the storm you couldn't keep both eyes shut. You soon gave up and shuffled out of bed, wondering if there was anyone awake besides yourself.

You quietly left your room and walked along the dark hallways looking left and right for any signs of someone else being awake, only to find nothing. The mansion had very large windows on the walls, they were high up so you could see the sky through them, along with the flashes of white from every lighting strike. The white light would flash in the windows and beam down on you for a split second showing your shadow, before as suddenly as it came, disappeared into complete darkness.

You were too scared to keep looking at the windows, so you kept your focus on seeing if anyone in the mansion was awake. There didn't seem to be anyone around and you were about to lose hope, but suddenly you heard what sounded like footsteps nearby.

You quickly followed the sound to one of the many lounge-like rooms that were in the mansion, there were a few chairs and a couch, along with a small T.V in the front. You looked at the couch to see a figure sitting down in front of it, you couldn't tell who it was because of the darkness. Well, that was until another series of white flashes filled the mansion with its light.

The person had a black jacket with grey pants, and a mask with large holes where eyes would be, on their face. You knew who that was.

It was Eyeless Jack.

Eyeless Jack was always a quiet one, whenever someone had a conversation with him it was just about impossible to hear him talk, especially when the mansion was crowded.

You wondered why he was out here, well, until another boom of thunder erupted from outside.

You whimpered and cowered in fear of the noise, along with the white light that violently flashed just after.

Your eyes had now adjusted to the darkness, and they widened when you saw Eyeless Jack's head look towards you, you couldn't see his face due to the mask, but he seemed to be surprised you were there.

You saw him slowly reach a hand out towards you, and motion for you to come to him.

You didn't hesitate for a second, you walked over and sat beside him. You could feel his arm gently put itself around your shoulders, his hand holding your right shoulder.

You heard the click of a flashlight, and a small, dull ray of light emanated from Eyeless Jack's other hand, he held the small tool in a way that you were able to see his dark blue mask.

"Why... are you... out here... this late?" A quiet voice slowly whispered.

You looked up at Eyeless Jack slightly surprised, you had never really heard him talk before.

"The storm is scary..." You answered with a frightened expression.

Eyeless Jack tilted his head.

"Oh... Don't worry... I will... be here for you..." He whispered and held you close.

"Really?" You smiled happily, clinging to his jacket.

Eyeless Jack nodded.

You wondered if he was smiling like you were, and also what his face looked like to begin with.

"Can you take your mask off?" You asked.

Eyeless Jack was quiet for a moment.

"Well... I can... but... I'm not sure... it would be something... you'd want... to see..." He sounded a bit sad.