Chapter Three : Case Unclosed

Scott, Stiles and I headed out of the Animal Clinic and I just kept my stare on Stiles. This kid that I've known and came to love had a dream about me trying to help him and no one had idea of it, not even Stiles himself. I huffed as Scott and I was heading to his motorbike and Stiles was just about to branch off to his jeep when Sheriff pulled right up, getting out of his vehicle and looked at the three of us. 

Stiles looked at him. "Dad, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here because I could use some help." Sheriff Stilinski looked at him then he turned to Scott. "Actually Your help."

"Why me?"

"Because eight years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident. One of the bodies, a young girl named Malia, was never found. There's enough evidence to have me thinking that That a werewolf could have caused the accident, and then dragged her body away." Scott looked to Stiles and me, then back at Sheriff. "If you could somehow get a lock on her scent if you could somehow help me find her body, it might provide the missing clue."

Stiles then nodded. "But what if it was a werewolf?"

Sheriff then glanced at Stiles. "Well, there's somebody out there who murdered an entire family. Someone who still needs to be caught."

The next day was Saturday and Stiles, Scott, and I were on the Malia Tate case unclosed. The three of us waited in the back of the house as Sheriff walked in and started talking to Mr. Tate, once we heard them getting greeted, we sprung in action. Stiles grabbed the back door's handle, turning it and pushing open the door which then squeaked. We paused and waited a second, Stiles pushed more and it squawked louder. I then pushed more the door, letting the three of us fall in the room and Stiles shut the door behind us. 

"Good thinking," Stiles says looking to me. 

"We needed to get in here and I intended on it," I retorted back. "Plus, if we get caught, the Sheriff's already here and once Mr. Tate finds out that we're with your dad, he's going to know that this was some type of set up."

Stiles nodded, turning towards the bed and started grabbing stuff animals, handing them to Scott so he can sniff them to get a scent. I'd turned, looking at things on Malia's dresser; hair brush, bracelet, crayons. Young little kid things like that. "All I'm getting is some animal smell." Scott whispered.

"What kind of animal?" Stiles whispered back, walking over where I was and picked up a tiny play statue toy of a painted horse, passing it off to Scott.

Just then I hear a light growl. "Dog." Scott whispered. Stiles and I both turn and see a huge Rottweiler looking at us, snarling. Stiles then took back the horse, hiding it in his hoodie so the dog wouldn't mistake it for something threatening. "Hi, puppy." Scott lightly said.

"Scott, that's no puppy." I whispered to him.

Stiles then side talked with his mouth. "Get rid of it."

"Me?" Scott asked.

"Yes, you. Glow your eyes at it, something be the Alpha." Stiles then gulped, his eyes glued on the dog.

"I can't." Scott stated. "I don't have control." 

The dog eyed us, growling more. Stiles then patted Scott's back lightly. "Okay, buddy, you're going to have to try something."

Scott nodded, making way over and slowly reaching out his hand. "Nice doggy." Stiles then gave Scott a dumb look and the dog started barking, making Scott and Stiles jump back and I just stood there in shock, scared that Mr. Tate would run into the room.