Chapter Thirteen : The Figures

Derek's loft to the Argent household we found Chris laying on the floor bleeding and bruised, Allison and Scott helped him up as Isaac and I just sat back not getting in the way. While Allison was cleaning up her dad Chris, they were telling us the story about the night that Kira got kidnapped by William that the shadowed figures attacked Isaac and that Chris thought that they were after him because of an old deal that he had made with the Yakuza.

Scott and I listen to every word and when he mentioned about the figures having glowing eyes, that's when Scott spoke up. "His eyes were glowing?"

Chris nodded. "There was something almost ritualistic about it. Like it was looking right into his soul."

"That's the same thing it did to me." Isaac commented.

"That's what it did to everyone." Allison stated.

Scott then shook his head. "Not everyone. They only came after the werewolves."

"And Lydia." Allison nodded, picking up a cotton ball and dappling Chris's cut on his head.

"Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Chris cleared the air with the statement.

"Then what does it mean if they . . . protect you? Like circling around you?" My eyes furrowed, waiting for his reply.

"Didn't see anything like that happen. Actually, don't think it's possible." Chris shook his head. "They were lethal and like I said—act on anything that has a supernatural connection."

"Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac questioned.

"A Kumicho. A Yakuza boss." Chris started. "It was my first gun deal. I was only eighteen and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being Yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise."

"Or your ability to survive." Allison muttered.

Chris continued. "The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel."

I then nodded. "Ninjatos. The main guy pulled one out on Issac when he tried to reach out for me."

Scott looked at me nodding then at turned to Chris, pressing on. "What did they want?"

"To get to the Kumicho." He then went on telling about how the men tried to shoot the figures with their guns millions and millions of times but they didn't die, they just went on and cut up all the men. "They cut down every living thing in their way."

"Did they mark him like they did us?" Isaac asks touching the mark behind his ear.

"Not exactly." He then told about how the boss tried to escape but the figures stabbed him in the stomach, raised him up on their ninjatos and he bled.

"What kind of creature was he?" I asked and Chris looked at me, shaking his head.

"I don't know." He whispered then paused. "But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi. They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down."

"Didn't look like he wanted to be found." Isaac added.

"Not particularly, no."

"You think he knows what they are?" Scott asked. "Or what they want?"

"Maybe."

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison retorts and Chris stood.

"What if he doesn't even remember you?" Isaac now questions.