Chapter Seventeen : Shocked

Stiles kept peering down halls and acting sort of strange than usual cause I mean it was Stiles; the skinny defenseless Stiles that I had a crush on and liked very much so acting weird, sarcastic, and strange was a thing for him but not like this—not like this type of strange.

"Stiles, where are we going?" He doesn't answer, just pushes me on out the Exit and walks me out to the parking lot. I looked up seeing his Jeep and he leads me on over, guiding us both.

While walking, I hear commotion and glanced over to see a sparking wire flying everywhere over a water gushing hydrant as Kira was warning people to back away with waving arms. "Everyone get back!" She yells. An ambulance and cars were scattered all along the place.

Allison, Chris and Isaac drive up, getting out of the car. Allison goes to walk but Isaac noticed the broken fire hydrant and seen her about to walk in the electrified water. "Allison!" He warns, pushing her over onto the upper laid portion of glass, just sparing her as the water ran to his feet, electrocuting him.

Fear punched into my heart as Isaac's body shook as the Hospital's lights and the sparks flickered like strobe lights. His body collapsed onto his side, water splashing up and he laid, jolting every few seconds. "Isaac!" I screamed trying to run over.

"Hey!" Stiles's voice booms and pulls me back to see the water sprouting towards us but then it stopped not inching any closer.

I looked up at Stiles to see him wearing a slight confused face as he stared down at me. "Thank you." My voice seemed to mumble under the cracking sounds of the broken sparking wire. Then in an instant, the cracking comes to a halt when Kira grabs the wire and cups her hand over the sparking end and transfers the electricity into her body that made her eyes glow brown. I took that as my moment to run on over to Isaac, kneeling down besides him and checked for a pulse. "Isaac?" I pushed on the side of his neck but didn't feel anything, my breathing increased. "Isaac? No, no. Issac!" Tears surfaced as my inside became numb and I was scared. "Isaac!"

"Kit?" Scott's voice calls out and I glanced up seeing him and Derek looking at Issac's body and me.

I frowned, screaming. "He's not breathing! Scott, Isaac's not breathing!"

"Scott, he's not breathing," my voice cried out as Scott held me, trying to make me calm down.

"He'll be okay." Scott tried his best to convince me as the paramedics got Isaac on a gurney, rolling him into the Hospital. "He'll be okay, Kit."

Deputy Jordan Parrish walked on up to Sheriff who only stood a few feet away from Scott and me, and started talking. "Two people said they saw Stiles's jeep leave the hospital." He stated as I looked over Scott's shoulder.

Sheriff sighed as the police lights of blue, red and white flashed. "Someone needs to find him. Now."

Dad inspected the wire, picking it up and examined it. "Is it me or was this cut?" He looked at another Deputy then turned to the others. "Tell the others to keep an eye out for signs of sabotage."

"Kit?" Mom's voice knocks me from my reminiscing of last nights moments, making me open up my eyes and look over as I sat in the dining room at the head of the table alone. "Sweetie, have you been down here all night?" I nodded, not even having the urge to talk back. Mom lightly sighed and took a seat at the edge, placing her hand on top of mine.

"I couldn't sleep." I sniffed up my nose. "People died last night and Isaac would've been one of them easily if he wasn't a wolf."

Mom nodded and tightened her grip on me. "Could've been you, too."

"Stiles saved me," my eyes glanced at her. "Before he disappeared." She stays quiet again and I bit my lip, peering back down at the table.

Just then the stairs creak as Scott slowly descended down with his backpack on and hands in his pockets, he looks at me then at Mom. "Any news?"

Mom slowly increasing her hold on me. "They're still looking for him." She nodded. "It's past the 48 -hour mark, but I guess if anyone's going to be missing for two days and turn up just fine," she lightly smiled. "It's Stiles."

In an instant, I scooted out from my seat and sighed. "I'm going to the station."

"Kit," Scott looked at me with a light expression. "What are you going to do there?"

"I'm going to talk to Stilinski," my feet made way to the door and with placing my hand on the nob, I turn it. "I wanna tell him that I was the last person to see Stiles." Before Scott or Mom could speak, I pushed myself out of the house and grabbed Scott's old bicycle that I now took over and pedaled on over to the station.

Once I arrived, Parrish looked at me and I asked where Stilinski was. He smiled at me, pointing to the office. "He's right in there, Kit."

I nodded at him. "Thanks." With a fast beating heart, I walk on back and knocked on the door. Sheriff turned, seen me and waved for me to come on in and I applied. "Hey, Sheriff."

"Hi, Kit." He lightly smiled. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"I wanted to stop by first and uh, tell you something."

Sheriff nodded. "Okay."

"I, uh," I gulped trying to fumble out words and sighed. "Last night, before everything gone to heck, I seen Stiles like I saw him before he took of in his Jeep and vanished."

"Did he say where he went?"

I shook my head. "No," my voice came out as a whisper. "I'm sorry."

He nodded with a sigh and glanced down at his phone. "Only thing I got was this text from him," he then looked up at me. "He only said that he was okay and that I shouldn't look for him and that he'll be back but you know, a parent always worries about their child not matter what."

Before I could reply there was a knock on the door, I turned to see Parrish opening up the door and a package guy was right behind him. "Sheriff? He just needs your signature. It's just printer cartridges and stuff. Batteries for the next blackout." The delivery guy pack the packages on the desk, staying silent and watched as Stilinski signed. Parrish nodded. "Not a bad idea, considering the number of electrical problems in this town."

Just then another knock sounded and Dad walked in as Sheriff handed the clipboard to the delivery guy and him and Parrish left the office. Dad looked at me. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"She needed to tell me something," Stilinski instantly stated for me and nodded at him. "What do you need?"

Dad turned to him. "I know you're a bit preoccupied at the moment." He nodded. "And this might sound strange, but have you had any issues with Yakuza?"

"Japanese Mafia?"

Dad nodded again. "Specifically, a guy named Katashi."

Without thinking, I spoke out my thought. "You mean Sliverfinger?"

Dad and Stilinski looked at me. "How'd you know about that?"

And thinking like Stiles, I said the most normal thing in like, forever. "I did a project on the Yakuza before and I remembered reading about the man that they called Sliverfinger from his prosthetic pinkie." I paused. "Why? What's wrong?"

"He's dead."