Chapter Twelve : Illuminated

Scott slid open the door to Derek's loft to reveal the rave party that was taking place on the inside. I shook my head, speaking loudly over the blaring music. "Does Derek know about this?"

Just then Isaac comes walking up, looking at Kira, Scott, Stiles, and me. "No. We can't tell him."

With a sigh and a gulp, we walk on in, joining the party. Stiles started telling Scott about the key on his ring as we made our way through the dancing bodies. "It just showed up there on my key ring this morning. I asked my dad if he put it there but he said he didn't know anything about it."

"It's just a key," Scott looks at him. "Right?"

He nodded. "Yeah, but it's not mine. And I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

We then stopped walking, Scott looking at Stiles. "You want to leave so we can figure it out?"

"Uh. ." Stiles mumbled and a random girl with neon pink hair and lipstick came up, kissing him on his cheek.

Scott grins, looking over at Kira who seemed impressed by the whole kiss on the cheek for Stiles. He then turns and looks at me, seeing my sad expression of lost and hope as Stiles stood there mesmerized by the kiss. The girl smiled at him. "Happy Halloween!" She then danced off into the crowd, disappearing away from us.

Stiles then turned, looking at Scott, nodding. "It can wait. It can wait." He then leaves, following the girl.

"Sti. . ." My voice died down as I watched him go and with sadness, I wallowed away from Scott and Kira just walking around and eyed the party goers. Some were very drunk, horny, sweaty, and dressed slutty in their neon body paint, make up, glow sticks and clothes. The music changed to a slow, pop dance party mix with bass lines and drums in the depths of the back round noise. Lydia stands by a beam alone so I go on over, smiling at her. "Hey, Lydia."

"Hi," she lightly smiled. "Enjoying yourself?"

"Are you?"

"Trying." She took a sip of her drink.

"Same." I huffed then spotted Allison and Isaac dancing closely to one another. "Lydia, look."

Her eyes glance over to where I'm looking and she nods. "Oh! Finally." She then glanced around seeing Aiden dancing in between two girls, grinding on them. "Predictably." My eyes roll away from him then found Stiles dancing with that girl who kissed him. He had an overly happy face on while doing the sprinkler in a weird fashion which made me break into a goofy smile, chuckling to myself. "Awkwardly." Lydia stated, laughing as well. She then looks at me, smiling. "Why don't you tell him?"

The smile that I wore faded while turning to her, shrugging. "I really don't see how I can. I mean, he had a crush on you since the third grade, was in puppy love and head over sneakers for you while I was on the sidelines being remembered as Kit McCall, Scott's little sister. Then to Stiles, you were Lydia Martin, the popular girl who acted like a dim wit while hiding up her smart intelligence." My eyes glanced back to Stiles who seemed happy with the girl. "I'm fine with our friendship, sure I wish there was something more but . . . I know there can't or won't be anything. Plus, I'm sure he doesn't like me back in that way."

"Kit, you're an amazing, sassy, beautiful and smart girl who ended up being like a female version of Stiles," Lydia smiled. "Trust me, the two of you together is like having Han Solo and Princess Leia together." I crack a laugh and she laughs too. "Just, tell him. And hurry."

"Thanks," I smiled then turned to see Stiles going over the stairs sitting down as the girl went to get something to drink. My feet started their way on over but I got cut off when a massive line of grinding bodies walked in front of me, I guided myself pass them too focused on their positions to even notice that the girl walked back to Stiles.