Chapter 16 part 2

Lukas pov

It had been a week since Katelyn had used her powers to heal Chris. And a week since she had collapsed. She hadn't even twitched, she just laid on the bed and looked like she would never wake up again. I was worried sick, I had barely eaten anything, and a shower didn't exist in my vocabulary, and neither did a bed. Oliver had to force me to even get a little bit of sleep. While I was waiting for Katelyn to wake up, the rest of the pack had been cleaning up after the war, and they had sent the rouges to the council, who would take care of the rest. After all the council wasn't supposed to do anything in war time, they would only get involved after the war or fight was over, and even then it was only to take care of any prisoners and give them their punishment.

Chris had woken up 3 days after Katelyn saved him and he almost sat as much at her bedside as I did. The others mostly just came to check up on either me or Katelyn. Marci and Amy come a lot, but that was understandable as she was their best friend.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts I almost missed Katelyn's hand moving. Keyword being almost. Her hand hadn't even moved that much just about an centimetre, but it was enough to renew my hope, I just knew then and there that she would wake up.

Katelyn's pov

I don't know how long I was in the darkness before it changed. It didn't happen all at once which is why I don't notice it to begin with. But the darkness became less dark, it didn't seem like it wanted to keep me anymore, it seemed softer. It was then I knew it was time to wake up, I didn't know if I would wake up in heaven or in the infirmary. I hoped it would be the last.

When my eyes opened it was bright and the light blinded me, through it wasn't as bad as on the island. And it slowly faded and I felt the softness of a bed under me, it was then that I knew I had survived. My throat was dry as the Sahara, my stomach was growling louder than a lion roared and my body was sore, but I had never felt more alive or happier.

Lukas's pov

When Katelyn opened her eyes I couldn't have been happier. She looked disorientated but happy. "Luke" She croaked out with a voice cracking. "Yeah Kate I'm here." She looked even happier knowing that. "Water" She got out, and I helped her sit up, and gave her a glass of water. After she drank it she way better. "Luke is Chris okay? Did he survive?" She looked so worried. "His fine Katelyn, he survived. But he wouldn't have if you didn't save him. But please Katelyn don't ever scare me likes this again, I thought you were gonna die. You have been unconscious for a week." She look happy that Chris survived, and shocked that she had been out of it for so long.

"I'm sorry I worried you Luke." Than she leaned forward and hugged me. We sat like that when the others came to visit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well guys that was it for my first story. I'll write an epilogue don't worry but it will be short. I hoped you all like my story. And I plan on editing it this coming year, to make it even better, but that's gonna take some time.

Curently I'm working on a fanfic. What's it about you ask. Well it's a fanfic based on the anime Kuroko no Basket that's all I'm gonna say for now.

Bye till the epilogue is out.

-Maria