Chapter 1

Spencer's pov:
Today's the day I've been dreading for quite some time now. Why? Because today's the day I go back to the one place I promised myself I would never go back to. The place where my life was made into a complete nightmare. Rosewood. Only one good thing has ever happened to me in Rosewood. Well, to be honest, it wasn't a thing. It was a person. And his name was Toby Cavanaugh.

But that's in the past. Now I'm with someone else. His name is Caleb Rivers. Sure, Caleb may have some issues, but he loves me, and I love him. I met Caleb about 5 years ago in Washington DC. At that time, he was in a serious relationship with a girl I failed to catch the name of. They broke up 3 years ago, and poor Caleb was heartbroken. When they broke up, he was so depressed. I understand why though. He was planning to propose to her, but then something got in the way, I guess. I also find it weird that I don't know her name. Whenever he talked about her, he called her "she" or "her" or "my girlfriend". I heard him say her name once, but I couldn't clearly hear what it was...

I turn to the dark haired boy next to me and give him a nervous smile as we step on the plane. He squeezes my hand and smiles warmly to calm me down.

"Don't worry babe. Everything's gonna be fine. We won't stay too long, I promise" he says assuringly.

Caleb knows about my dark past. He practically had to force me out of my house this morning just so I would come.

"Well I wish you would've told me that before I decided to pack my whole closet" I reply sarcastically. He just smiles at me and squeezes my hand, once again. "You're so cute when you're sarcastic". I playfully roll my eyes and lean back into my seat. This was going to be a looonnnggg ride.

------A few hours later------

We finally arrive in Rosewood. I take a look around and everything seems the same. Same stores, same types of people, same secrets lingering in the air about what this small town holds. We just got here and I already want to leave. As we walk into our hotel room, a small buzz from my pocket interrupts my thoughts. I reach into my pocket and grab my phone. My eyes widen when I see the reason for the buzz. It was Toby Cavanaugh.

"Hey Spence. I saw Emily earlier today and she said that you and the other girls were back in Rosewood. Maybe we could catch up? -T"

Toby wants to catch up? I'm so confused... We haven't seen each other  since we broke up. He was so heartbroken. I still remember the hurt look in his beautiful blue eyes. I keep my eyes glued to text with a shocked expression on my face.

"Babe, is everything ok? Who was that?" Caleb asks. Ugh. He's so nosy. I understand he's concerned, but can't he ever just leave me be?

"I'm fine. It's just my old friend Emily wanted me and my other friends to meet her at the brew. Do you mind?". I feel kinda guilty for lying to him, but I can't tell him that I'm going to see Toby. They don't know each other all that well. They've only met once (when I was still dating Toby and Caleb was just a friend). Caleb said something that upset Toby, and Toby, being the alpha-male that he is, gave Caleb a knuckle sandwich.

"Of course not. Go have fun." He leans in to give me a quick kiss, but I turn my head so that he kisses my cheek instead. I'm just not in the mood right now...

I make my way out of the hotel and text Toby back. "Catching up would be great. If you're free right now, we could meet up at the brew? -S"

He instantly responds "sure. I'll be there in 10 minutes -T"

The hotel isn't that far from the brew, so I'm able to make it there in about 6 minutes. When I step inside, I scan for Toby, but don't have success in finding him. Since I'm waiting, I decide to go up to the barista and order a latte. I pay for my coffee, and turn around so I can find a place to sit. But when I turn around, I see myself staring into the icy, blue eyes that I used to know so well.