Chapter 10

Toby's pov:
For the rest of the time we are at the grille, Spencer and I just talk about our lives, and hold hands under the table. My heart is beating so fast, I think it might burst out of my chest. I thought I'd never get to see her again. But here we are, together again. I'm totally mesmerized by everything about her. Her smile, her eyes, her hair, and absolutely everything else. And to think, I almost married someone that isn't her. I don't really know why I proposed to Yvonne in the first place... I've never loved Yvonne the way I love Spencer, and I knew that too. I guess I was just sort of desperate to move on.

"Hey spence?" I say with sadness in my voice.

"Yeah? What's wrong?"

"It's just... What are we going to do when you have to go back to Washington DC? I just got you back, and I don't want to lose you again." I notice that a frown immediately appears on her face.

"I-I don't know... I haven't really thought about that..."

"Maybe I can come with you" I say hopefully.

"Toby... I don't want you to move all the way to Washington DC for me..."

"But it's not that far. Plus, We just got back together, and I want us to stay together. I think we both know that long distance relationships barely work out..."

"I know... I just don't want you to ruin your life because of me..." She says

"Spencer, you could never ruin my life. The only way you could ruin my life, is by leaving me." I say. It's true. I don't know what I would do if she ever left me again. I love her so much.

"Are you sure? I mean, I'd love for you to move to Washington DC with me, but I just want to make sure that it's what you want"

"It is what I want. You're what I want, Spencer. I've already gone 5 years without you, and I don't want to go any longer without you"

She smiles and looks up at me. "I love you"

I'm kinda surprised that she said that, considering we just got back together. But I say it back without any hesitation "I love you too"

"So I guess it's settled" she says while smiling "you're coming to Washington DC with me"

"I sure am. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

When we're done with lunch, we decide to go on a walk. We just continue the conversation that we were having earlier at the grille, and talk about what our lives will be like when I move to Washington DC with her. I know it's a bit soon to move in with each other, but I love her, and I don't want to blow my chance. In the middle of the conversation, I decide to take her hand in mine. I can't help but notice that she blushes when I do this. She's so cute when she blushes. I let out a small chuckle as I look at her.

"What?" She asks while looking at me.

"Nothing" I say while smiling and shaking my head.

"Seriously Toby. What is it?" She asks again.

"It's just... You're so beautiful when you blush" I say as I stare into her big brown eyes. She blushes again, and I smile.

"Stop. You're embarrassing me" she says

"How? By calling you beautiful?"

"Yes"

"What's so embarrassing about that?"

"I don't know... I guess because I know it's not true, and you're only saying it to be nice."

"But it is true. You're the most beautiful person I've ever met"

She blushes again. "I thought I told you to stop" she says jokingly

"Since when do I obey your orders?" I reply sarcastically

She doesn't say anything. She just laughs. I love her laugh. I love everything about her. We continue to talk, until we stop in front of the brew.

"Toby, can we get some coffee?" She asks.

"Spence, it's like 5:30." I say.

"I don't care. Please" she says as she looks at me with puppy dog eyes while pouting.

"It goes against my better judgement, but how could I say no to that face?" I say jokingly. She immediately smiles and kisses me on the cheek. We are about to go inside, but her phone starts to ring. She pulls it out and looks at it.

"Sorry, I have to get this. It's my work."

"Ok. I'll go get the coffee while you talk" I say

"Thanks" she says with a smile. I walk into the brew and leave Spencer outside.

Spencer's pov:
After Toby goes into the brew, I answer my phone.

"Hello?" I say

"Hello. Is this Spencer Hastings?"

"Yes..."

"I'm sorry Miss.Hastings, but we are having some financial troubles and we can't afford for you to continue working for us."

What? They're firing me? Why?! "Wait... I'm fired?"

"Yes. I'm sorry Miss. Hastings. Have a good rest of your day" the woman says before hanging up. Seriously? How am I supposed to enjoy the rest of my day when I just got fired?! I understand that I haven't been at work lately, but I'm on a "vacation". My thoughts are cut off when I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I turn around, assuming it's Toby. But it's not Toby. This day just got a whole lot worse...

"Caleb...?"