Chapter 14

-2 years later-

Spencer's pov:
Toby and I have been together for  2 years straight. No break ups, just bliss. Actually, today is our two year anniversary. He said that he has something "special" planned, but he's probably just gonna take me out to some expensive restaurant or something. Toby and I live together in a big house that he built for us. I love him so much, and I'm so happy that we have each other.

My hours at work are finally done for the day, so I drive to the big, spacious house that Toby and I share. I'm so excited to finally be home. I enter and I smell something coming from the kitchen. It smells wonderful. I let my nose guide me to the smell, and when I take a look, I see Toby standing there with flowers in his hands. I also see wine, lasagna (the source of the smell), and a scrabble board with the words "goofball", "glyceraldehyde", and "I love you" spelled out on it. This brings tears to my eyes. Mostly tears of joy, but there's some sadness mixed in there too. He's recreating our very first anniversary... The anniversary where I found out he was -A.

"Happy anniversary" he says with a huge grin on his face. He walks over to me and hands me the flowers. "These are for you" he says.

"Toby... They're so beautiful. Thank you." I say while smiling at him. I then take a moment to glance at all of the stuff he set up. "I love everything. Including you" I say while looking up at him.

"Well of course you love it. You're the one who set it up first..." He said with a chuckle. Then his expression got a bit more serious. "I thought I should make up for our first anniversary... I know it was years ago, but I'm still really sorr-"

I cut him off before he can continue. "Toby, we talked about this. You don't need to be sorry. You were just trying to protect me. That's in the past now." I say.

Before he can say anything back, I decide to change to subject. We shouldn't be dwelling on the mistakes from the past, we should be enjoying our anniversary. "Can we eat now? I'm starving"

He nods as we sit down and start to eat. During dinner, we stay mostly quiet until I decide to bring up something important. Our future.

"Hey Toby?"

"Yeah"

"Do you think we could ever get married one day and start a family?"

"Of course." He replies. He doesn't even look at me. He just continues to dig into his lasagna.

I take my hand and hold it out in front of him, forcing him to look at it. "Don't you think that I'd look even better if there was a ring on this hand?" I ask.

"Yes. You look absolutely beautiful no matter what type of jewelry you're wearing."

You've got to be kidding me! Does he really not see what I'm getting at here? Could I be anymore obvious? What do I have to do to get him to understand? Do I have to spell it out for him on the scrabble board or something? I pull my hand away with a huff. What if he doesn't want to marry me? What if he doesn't want to start a family with me? I just stay silent and continue to eat my lasagna while more thoughts flood my brain.

Toby's pov:
It's so hard not to just bust out laughing right now. I'm just messing with her. I know what she wants, and I'll give it to her. But why not have a little bit of fun before proposing? After we finish our lasagna, I get out of my chair and get down on one knee. I see the happy and surprised look on Spencer's face. But then, her face falls when I lean over to tie my shoe. I feel kind of bad for torturing her like this, but it's so fun.

Next, I bring dessert over to the table. When we are done eating I decide that it's time.

"Hey, Spencer?"

"Yeah?" She says, obviously annoyed because of earlier.

I pull out a small black box from my pocket and get down on one knee. I open the box to reveal the beautiful diamond ring inside. Spencer gasps and puts her hands over her mouth.

I have a whole beautiful speech planned. I open my mouth to speak, but before I can even get one word out, Spencer screams "YES!"

"Spencer-" I say, trying to deliver my speech, but I'm interrupted once again.

"YES!"

"I get it, you're excited, but just listen" I say with a chuckle. She just nods as a huge smile takes place on her face.

"Spencer Jill Hastings, you are-"

"YES!"

"You're not gonna let me finish my speech, are you?" I ask. She just shakes her head no, and holds out her hand so I can slip the ring on her. She's literally shaking. That's how excited she is. I slip the ring on her, and stand up. Before I can do anything else, she immediately grabs the collar on my shirt, and pulls me in for a kiss.

For the rest of the night, all Spencer does is just stare at her ring, admiring it. The smile on her face stays there the whole night. At a completely random moment, Spencer decides to look up from her ring and say "I love you, Toby. I love you so much"

I look back at her and say "I love you too" with a smile. She then walks over to me, and shoves her hand in my face.

"Look at it! Isn't it beautiful!"

"Spence, I bought it. I know what it looks like" I say while gently moving her hand out of my face.

"I know. I'm just so excited!" She says while her smile grows even wider.

"What're you more excited about? The ring, or marrying me? Because right now, I think the ring is winning." I say jokingly.

"I'm only excited about the ring because it's a symbol of how much we love each other" she says.

"You didn't answer my question" I say sarcastically.

She pulls me in and kisses me. When she pulls away, she asks "does that answer your question?"

"Nope" I say while popping the "p". She just laughs and rolls her eyes.

I'm so excited to be able to officially start my life with her. Soon we'll be able to start a family and we'll be able to live happily ever after.

Authors note:
Hey guys! I'm sorry, I know this chapter wasn't very good. I promise that this story will get a bit more exciting. It might take a few chapters though. So anyways, thanks for reading!
-A (yes my name actually does start with A, I'm not just copying pll)