Chapter 4

Toby's pov:
I'm at the brew with Yvonne discussing wedding plans. We've been arguing about where the location of the wedding will be for the past 15 minutes. She's so stubborn. She'll argue with you for hours if it means getting what she wants. Spencer does that too, but when Spencer does it, it's cute. When Yvonne does it, it's just plain annoying. Also, Spencer's up to making compromises. But Yvonne isn't. Yvonne's motto is basically 'it's my way, or the high way'. Besides, it's my wedding too, so why does she get to choose everything? We keep arguing about it for a few more minutes, until she says "I have to use the restroom. I'll be right back." Well at least now I get a break from her stubbornness. I take a sip of my coffee when I see a familiar chocolate-haired girl walk through the doors of the brew, with tears streaming out of her beautiful mocha orbs.

Caleb's pov:
I sit down on the couch and put my hands over my face in frustration. I pull them away as I hear a faint ringing from my pocket. Ring ring ring. I grab my phone and look at who it is. It's Hanna. I answer the call.
"Hey Hanna" I say
"Did you tell her yet?"
"Yeah. She didn't take it very well..."
"Can I talk to her? She isn't picking up her phone..."
"Sorry, she isn't here right now. She said she needed some time to process things, so she left..."
"Oh..."
"Hey. If you want, we can talk more about this in person"
"Sure. How about the brew? I could use some coffee."
"Sure. I'll meet you there in 10"

I walk out side and call an uber. It gets here and I take advantage of the silence and gather the courage to say the words to Hanna I've been wanting to say to her ever since I saw her at lunch.

Toby's pov:
I see Spencer walk into the brew, and she's crying. I really want to walk up to her and ask her what's wrong, because that's what friends do. But I also know that if Yvonne comes out of the bathroom and sees me talking to Spencer, she's probably gonna get jealous and/or accuse me of cheating on her with Spencer. Yvonne's never been the jealous type... Until I told her that Spencer was back in town for a bit. I told Yvonne about my past with Spencer about a year or two ago. I also told Yvonne that I don't have feelings for Spencer anymore, and I meant it. But now that she's back, I don't know if that's true anymore... It was easy to convince myself that I don't have feelings for her when she was away, but now that she's back... It's difficult. Should I stay and wait for Yvonne, or should I go up and comfort Spencer? You know what? Screw it.

I walk up to Spencer and look at her in her big brown eyes. "Spence, are you ok?"
"I'm fine, Toby"
"You don't look fine."
"Just leave it alone Toby!" She says as she glares at me
I gently touch her arm. "Spencer... What happened?"
"It's not a big deal. I'm seriously fine" she looks me in the eyes and smiles. I can tell it's a fake smile, but I'm going to respect the fact that she doesn't want to tell me right now. She wipes away her tears and looks at me "thanks for your concern anyways..." I smile and reply "What are friends for?"  Friends. To be honest, that word was a bit hard to get out of my mouth. Friends is all we are, and that's all we'll ever be...
To my surprise, she pulls me in for a hug. I hesitate a bit before finally wrapping my arms around her... It felt good to hold her again... Even if it was just a friendly hug... When we pull away, we just stare into each other's eyes. And for a moment, it seems like the world is at peace. It seems like there are no problems, and it seems like we are the only two people on the entire planet... Until Yvonne comes back from the bathroom...

Yvonne's pov:
I come back from the bathroom to see my fiancé and Spencer just... staring in to each other's eyes like they are long lost lovers, or something... Well, at least I think it's Spencer. I've only ever seen one picture of her... I walk up to Toby, and interrupt their little 'moment' by holding his hand, and kissing his cheek so that way, Spencer is fully aware that Toby is mine now. "Hey Tobes. I'm back" I say as I smile at him.

Spencer's pov:
Excuse me? Did she just call him Tobes? That nickname is reserved for me, and only me to call him. I look down at her hand. She's got a ring. This must be Yvonne. She may be his fiancé, but I was his first love. Wait... Am I seriously getting jealous over my ex? Snap out of it Spencer! I decide that I should politely greet her. I hold out my hand for her to shake "Hi. You must be Yvonne" I say with a smile. "And you must be Spencer" she says in a nasty tone. Instead of shaking my hand, she takes her free hand and puts it on her hip. Seriously? Toby's marrying that. I just drop my arm to my side and stand there awkwardly while I can fell Yvonne's eyes burning into my skin. I'm guessing Toby sensed the awkward tension between us, because he then said "well Yvonne and I should be getting home... See you around Spence" "See you around" I reply with a smile. I can tell that Yvonne is not happy with him calling me Spence. But that just makes me smile even more... I walk up to the barista so I can get what I came here for. Coffee! After I get my coffee, I pay the barista and start to walk towards the door. But then, outside of the window, I see Caleb... And then I see Hanna approaching him... They greet each other and then they start walking towards the brew. Crap! I can't let them see me! Because if they see me, I won't be able to listen in on their conversation. I know that eavesdropping is wrong, but maybe there's something about this whole situation that they never told me. Also, if they see me, they'll probably try to confront me and try to talk about what happened. But I'm just not ready for that... I need to hide, quick! I quickly run to the back where the bathrooms are. I'll probably be able to hear them, if they talk loud enough... They come in, order their coffee, and start to talk... I am completely dumbfounded and heart broken by what I hear...