Chapter 7

-the next day-

Spencer's pov:
I wake up to a throbbing head, and a memory that's not working... Last night is a blur. The last thing I remember was sitting on a bench by myself drinking beer... Wait... Where am I? I stand up from the couch I was previously sleeping on and take a quick look at where I am. This isn't my hotel room. Oh yeah... I forgot about the Caleb thing... I must've come here because I didn't want to face Caleb... How did I get here? Who's hotel room is this? Is it mine or one of my friends? I sit down on the couch and start to think, when Emily walks in.

"Hey Spence. I see that you're up. Are you feeling ok?"

"I'm fine. I just have a really bad hangover. Do you know what happened last night?"

"All I know, is that Toby called me telling me you were drunk."

Wait... Toby was there? I don't remember him being there... Wait! I'm starting to remember something!

"Caleb doesn't love me..." I say while crying on his shoulder.

"Spencer... That's crazy... Of course he loves you"

"No he doesn't. I heard him telling Hanna that he still has feelings for her" I start to cry harder, and he wraps his arms around my waist. His touch is comforting.

"That's Caleb's loss. It's a shame he can't see how great you are."

I look at him. He's so sweet, trying to make me feel better like this. I feel safe in his arms. I never want him to let me go. I get lost in the moment and I start to lean in. I know that what I'm about to do is wrong, but who cares? Yolo. I close the distance between our faces and kiss him. To my disappointment, he pulls away... I give him a sad, and questioning look.

"Spencer... You're drunk. I can't take advantage of you like this. I care about you too much to do that"

(End of flash back)

Wait, what?! I kissed Toby? Oh god... He probably hates me...

"Spence? Spencer?! Spencer!" Emily says with her voice growing with more concern each time she says my name.

I snap out of my thoughts and look at her. "What? Sorry... I spaced out..."

"Yeah, I can see that. I was saying that you are welcome to stay here as long as you'd like. I know the whole thing with Caleb must he hard."

"Wait... How do you know about that? Did Toby tell you?"

"No... You told me last night. Wait... You told Toby? Why?"

"I don't know... Just forget about it"

"Ok. I'm going out with Paige in a little bit, so you might want to go get your stuff from your old hotel room here before we leave."

"But I don't want to face Caleb..."

"You don't have to talk to him... Just quickly get your stuff and leave..."

I sigh. "Ugh. Fine."

"Be back in no longer than an hour and a half, or else you'll be sitting by the door waiting for us to come back."

I leave Em's hotel room and go to the hotel I was previously staying at. I still have the key to the room, so I unlock the door. Hopefully Caleb isn't here. Please don't be here, please don't be here. I walk inside. Great. That's just my luck. He's here.

"Spencer! You're back!" He says with a smile.

"Not for long." I mumble as I walk past him.

"Spencer... Babe, come on."