Chapter 12

Spencer's pov:
After Toby and I finish the movie, I put my shoes back on and I'm about to walk out the door.

"Goodnight Toby" I say. Before I can leave, Toby says: "You don't have to go, you know. You can stay the night if you'd like." I blush at the thought of me spending the night with Toby. I turn around and reply with a smirk. "Ok. I'll stay, under one condition. I get to steal one of your shirts." I love wearing his shirts. They're so comfortable, and just smelling his scent from them makes me feel better when I'm upset. When we broke up, I kept one of his shirts. And even when I was in a relationship with someone else, I would still wear it when I was sad, or when I missed him.

He smirks back. "Well, of course. I was expecting you to do that anyways." He takes a random shirt out from one of his drawers, and hands it to me.
It's a long-sleeved shirt, that has an anchor on the front. I go into the bathroom and put it on. When I come back out, Toby is in just a pair of blue-plaid pajama pants. I can't help but stare at Toby's abs. It's been way too long since I've seen them... Toby apparently notices me gawking at him, because he looks at me and giggles lightly. I immediately avert my eyes away from him, and look at the ground instead.

"Like what you see?" Toby asks jokingly. I stay silent, and can't help but blush. He just chuckles again and comes over to me. When I yawn, he asks: "are you tired? We can go to bed if you want".

"No, not yet. I wanted to talk to you about something first."

"Ok. What did you want to talk about?"

"So, you know how I got fired today?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, I was thinking, since I got fired, maybe instead of you moving to DC with me, I could just move here instead. That way, you could keep your job. There isn't much left for me in DC anyways, so why not move here?"

"I would love that" he says with a smile. "But just to let you know, I don't really care where we live. As long as I have you with me, I'm perfectly fine."

How does he do that? How does he know exactly what to say at exactly the right moment? He's just so... Perfect. My cheeks turn to a light shade of red. "Stop being so sweet. You're making me blush" I say jokingly.

"That's the goal" he states.

I roll my eyes playfully, take a pillow from off of the couch, and lightly throw it at him. It hits him in the chest, and I start to giggle. He puts his hand over the spot where the pillow hit him, and pretends to be hurt.

"I can't believe you did that" he says in an over dramatic voice.

"I'm sorry" I say while laughing even harder.

Toby's pov:
So she wants to play games, huh? I'll get her back for that. Spencer's laughter dies down, and she seems to think that I'm over it.

"I'm gonna go get some water. Do you want anything?" Spencer asks me.

"No, I'm good." I reply. She turns around so she can go get some water. And when she does, I pick up the pillow, and throw it, aiming for the higher part of her back. But to my surprise, she ducks. How did she know? Did she hear it coming or something? She turns around, and sticks her tongue out at me.

"Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me!" She says like a 5 year old.

"Come on! That's not fair! How did you even know it was coming towards you?"

"I'm a Hastings, duh. Now come over here" she says.

I slowly walk over to her, and rest my hands on her waist.  I let my blue eyes explore her brown ones. "You know, I don't really think you deserve a kiss" I say jokingly.

"Who cares about what I deserve. A Hastings always gets what they want"

"You sure about that?" I ask while raising an eyebrow.

"Yes" she says as she lean in. She closes the distance between us, and presses her lips up against mine. She then moves her hands to the back of my head, and starts to play with my hair. Yeah, I could definitely get used to this.