Chapter 14: New School Year

"A new year," Lydia said. Scott nodded slowly. None of them had prepared for this. Sure they could interact with each other, when it was just them. But, now everyone will be staring at them. Asking them questions. Treating them differently.
They stood in the school parking lot in a group. They were going to walk in together. To show that they were still strong and they could do this. They all took a deep breath before walking in. Stares held on them as they made it through the halls. They split into their classrooms.
"McCall. Whittemore. Allison. Lydia. Lahey. Erica. Danny. Ethan. Aiden. If you need anything. At all. If you need to leave," Coach said. "Just go." They nodded.
Through out the school day they all got the same treatment. And, they hated it. Until a new teacher came in.
"Is there a Stilinski?" She asked. Everyone's breath hitched and they stared at Isaac and Erica. "No?"
"He died," Isaac and Erica said slowly.
"Oh... I am sorry," she said scratching the name off. "Anyways next topic." And, when they got to lunch they were tired. All of them.
"I have said. I am fine at least three hundred times," Lydia groaned. "Since when do people talk about their feelings? Whatever happened to leave them to themselves?"
"I have been asked how I was today. And, if I needed to leave. And, I have answered all of them in each class three times," Erica said. "By the same person."
"Why can't people just leave us be?" Allison asked sitting down.
"Yeah. The lunch lady just asked me if I wanted a sweet dessert for my troubles," Isaac said.
"Did you take it?" Jackson asked.
"Of course. I am having a troublesome day," Isaac grumbled. They laughed. "I'm not sharing."
"Awe. Baby Wolf," Jackson cooed making fun him. Isaac rolled his eyes eating.
For the rest of the day they had the same treatment. The same looks. The same pity words that none of them wanted. Eventually they all left class. They were annoyed. No one ever paid this much attention to Stiles before. Now they wanted to know how he was before he died and whatever else. They met each other outside at the lacrosse field. Of course they knew this wouldn't work all the time and they would only get this treatment for the next month then the teachers wouldn't let it slide after that.
"Today is ridiculous. I just wish people would leave me alone," Ethan groaned.
"Yeah," they all said.
"Who's trying out for lacrosse?" Jackson asked. Scott, Ethan, Danny, and Aiden raised their hands. "What about Liam?"
"Yeah," Scott said.
"And, Kira?" Allison asked.
"Yep," Lydia replied.
"A whole team of werewolves," Isaac chuckled. "Maybe you and I should to." He hit Erica slightly.
"Yeah," she laughed slightly. "You already play... Can you imagine me?"
"Yeah. You'll probably be as bad as Stiles used to be," Scott chuckled. "He was awful for a bit."
"He wasn't awful. He was terribly horrendous," Lydia corrected. "And, if I remember correctly, which I do. You were awful too." Scott nodded in agreement.
"What are you all doing out here?" Called coach. He blew his whistle. "Asses on the field." Jackson and Isaac flinched at the sound of the whistle. All of the players made their way to the field. They watched as Liam being one of the smaller players take down the bigger ones, including Jackson. Lydia laughed dangerously loud when Jackson hit the ground. Jackson glared at her as Liam smiled at her. He was adorable and loved when the other pack members laughed at something he did or acknowledged any accomplishments he made. He liked people being proud of him.
The pack had adapted surprisingly quick to him as well. They all treated him equally and like a little brother they didn't have. They loved him. He loved them. He didn't try to hurt them or even get angry around them.
And, Kira. She was happy that she found friends. Especially ones like Scott, because she was awkward and clumsy and they were all very open to her. And, since she was a kitsune she fit in well the group. Not to lie she had a small crush on one of them.
Before Stiles got sick he was teaching Malia how to be more human and he got really far with her. She never did get to finish though. So, she was still struggling, but the pack was helping. She liked that they treated her like everyone else and when she did something they didn't yell at her. They also bought her a lot of Deer meat for her birthday.
They were slowly moving on together. The newer pack members helped them as well. Even if they didn't really know Stiles. And, they were getting in a good place. Or they were. School had strung their last string. Everyone constantly looking at them and asking questions about him had broke that string and hit them in the face. They were two seconds to blowing up and wolfing out in the middle school.
"It would be funny. Would it not?" Erica asked. "Wolfing out in the middle of school? People would stop asking questions and they would leave us alone."
"And, then we would be killed. Do you know how many hunter that would attract? And, the people would try to kill us as well," Isaac pointed out.
"But... No questions," Erica said. "I call that a win. Yeah we will have a small problem with the people and supposed hunters. But, no questions."
"You sound a lot like Stiles," Allison chuckled.
"Well. He would agree," Erica said.
"Or he would hit you upside the head and yell at you until the next person said something stupider or did stupider," Lydia pointed out. "And, you would still be scolded. He would make it a speech at your wedding. Then tell your children and their children. You would never escape it." They laughed a little and stared down at their hands.
They found it easier to joke about things Stiles did or would do. It also kept them from doing things they shouldn't do. That kept Derek in town. Kept Scott and Jackson from fighting. Erica from doing what she did best. Isaac from wasting his life away and staying out of school. Allison from killing someone. Even Malia from acting like an animal when she was forced to do math. They also took lessons that Stiles pushed on them to teach Liam control and whatever else. Peter even learned to take what Stiles told him in sense to keep himself in tact.
So, I think it's almost time for Stiles to come back around... Should I give another chapter for him in hell? Or bring him back? It will most likely be a huge jump forwards. What do you think?