Chapter 29: A Very Merry Pack Christmas

The table was set. Each guest had their own part on the table. And just as Lydia had suggested they all woke up early and had their own pack Christmas. They opened their gifts together. After all the other gifts. Peter through the velvet box at him. He was confused at first, but he remembered that this was with Derek's gift. He opened the box and was a little taken back. He pulled out the bracelet. It was black and silver. He held it in his hand for a moment and examined it. He noticed that the Hale triskele was in the middle silver ball. Another one had bands wrapped around, for Scott. And a baseball bat. The bracelet was an expensive version of a balance bracelet, but Stiles loved it. He slid the bracelet on and admired it a little.
"I thought about getting you something else, because this is just a bracelet," Derek started.
"Der it's perfect. It brings us all together," Stiles said looking at the bracelet.

  "Good," Derek nodded

Stiles smiled and went to check on the food. They watched frozen and they sang along with every song. Their parents had all arrived around 2. And Stiles had food ready on the table. He was happy they decided to get a bigger table. Everyone could fit at this one. The table was beautiful. Derek and Dean had actually worked together to make it. They had a lot of people, and they made the house so why not the things in it.
"Welcome back Derek," Melissa smiled.
"Thank you Melissa," Derek returned the smile. "I can take some of your things. Scotts in the kitchen."
"Thank you," she smiled.
"Derek," the sheriff greeted.
"Sheriff," Derek stood straighter. "Merry Christmas. Can I take your coat?"
"No," he said. Derek nodded awkwardly. "Stiles?" Stiles poked his head around the corner.
"Dad," Stiles smiled. "Come in dinner is done. Der, you good?" Derek nodded slowly.
Derek felt weird actually. He didn't celebrate Christmas or New Years. Or anything that would involve family. Not since Laura left him and then was killed. He loved that Stiles was making an effort towards a nice holiday, and he definitely didn't want to mess anything up. Not with him just returning. He can tell Stiles is still careful around Derek.
Derek never got along with holidays either. It reminded him too much of his family. So his holidays were never good. He hasn't had one good holiday in a long time. And this one wasn't going great either. The sheriff hated Derek, and it wouldn't bother him as much. But, with this being so important to Stiles and he wanted everything to be perfect. This put a dent in the perfect picture.
"You sure?" Stiles asked coming into the room. "Derek?"
"Hm?" Derek brought himself out of his thoughts. "Yeah. I'm great."
"What's wrong?" Stiles asked, worried now.
"Nothing is wrong," Derek reassured. "I just want to make sure everything is perfect for you. And I'm worried that I might mess it up for you."
"Why?" Stiles asked.
"Because I don't know how to do family holidays... I haven't had one in a while," Derek started. "And, your father doesn't like me. And I know that this is all supposed to be perfect. And, it can't be perfect with that."
"Derek. There is no such thing as perfect. And there's always something at a family holiday. This is that," Stiles sighed. "I'm just happy that we finally get to spend a holiday all together. And that you're back. And everything, for once is okay. This. Is perfect."
"Great," Derek sighed in relief.
"Let's go get some food then," Stiles nodded. "Everything will be fine." Of course Stiles didn't know that. With everything that has happened in the few years, they had no idea what could happen next.
   "Food looks great," Melissa said. "Who made it?"
    "Peter, Liam, and I," Stiles answered. "We made it on Christmas, but as you know things happen."
     "I think I can drink to that," Peter sighed and rose his glass. Deaton followed, then Sheriff and Melissa. And slowly everyone else followed as well. Liam, Hayden, Mason, and Corey had tried to drink the wine that was set out.
    "I don't think so," Stiles and Derek said in unison. "You're too young."
     "So are the half of you!" Liam said.
      "Yeah. And we're still older than you," Kira pointed out. "Closer to 21 then you are."
      "It's Christmas," Mason sighed. "What's one glass going to do?"
      "One glass is fine. But giving into one glass can lead to another glass. And after that another one and then we got a bunch of drunk, werewolf, teenagers," Stiles explained.
    "Werewolves can't get drunk," Ethan said.
     "That's not the point Ethan," Stiles said.
     "The point is that, they are way to young and that saying that you will only take one, doesn't mean that you are only going to have one," Derek explained.
  "And, if they are going to listen to anyone it should be me," Stiles said with a shrug.
     "When did you guys become parents?" Danny asked smirking.
     "Thats a sore subject for them," Dean said to the kid he barely knew. Stiles glared at him. "See?" He took a drink.
      "Yeah keep drinking. As soon as that glass isn't touching your lips I'm going to strangle you," Stiles threatened.
    "Calm down Boston strangler," Aiden chuckled.
     "You don't know the half of it," Peter took another drink. Stiles rolled his eyes.
     "I would love to know more," Aiden leaned forwards as he took a bite of his food. "What has happened in this last year of you being back from the dead? What happened during?"
    "I don't think that's a good conversation for right now," Allison spoke up.
    "Yeah.. Its tough," Isaac said.
    "Guys it's okay," Stiles said. "I think we are all mature enough to talk about this... And no that doesn't mean that you're mature enough to drink." Stiles went on to explain to people who have missed everything, what exactly had happened. He explained everything from The Winchesters to thinking about jumping out the window yesterday. Even the people who already knew, seemed to be surprised by the whole story.
   "Wow," Danny said. "You've been through a lot... I'm sorry that I haven't been around for support." He looked to Lydia and Jackson. "But, if it counts for anything. I was at your funeral. And with everyone when they went to your house."
    "You guys were at my house... After I died?" Stiles asked.
    "Of course we were," Kira laughed. "Scott said it was a way of coping."
    "How did you get in?" The sheriff asked.
    "Window. He never did lock it," Scott shrugged.
    "Remind me, when I get rid of all of your things. To lock and alarm your window," Noah said.
     "You're not getting rid of my things," Stiles chuckled. "You want to. But you won't get to it."
     "I'm still putting an alarm on it," the sheriff shrugged. "I don't want wolves wandering into my house."
     "I wish I could've added an alarm to my place," Peter mumbled.
     "Really?" Erica asked. "You wish that?"
     "Last I remember you broke into my place. They broke into my place. Everyone broke into my place," Derek pointed out.
     "Okay," Stiles said. "But, did it end in anything bad?"
     "Most of the time. Yes," Derek said.
      "I wish I would've put an alarm on Scott's window," Melissa sighed. "It would've stopped someone coming in." She looked to the brown haired, freckled kid.
      "I can agree with that," Chris nodded and looked at Scott then Isaac.
    "I came in when things needed to be figured out. And things always need to be figured out! We live a pretty unanswered life," Stiles argued.
    "Knock," Melissa said.
    "It doesn't matter anymore," Stiles said. "He is a grown man. Eventually he will get his own place."
    "I don't think that will ever happen," Peter sighed. "You're stuck with him." Peter looked at Derek and Stiles.
     "The hell we are," Stiles said. "He and Allison need space. That isn't here. Right?"
    "Yeah. We can't stay here forever," Scott nodded. "But, only if Allison wants to move in with me."
    "What?" Allison asked. Chris paid more attention.
    "Do you want to move in with me? For when you're home from college and all the times after that?" Scott asked.
    "I..." Allison stuttered. Stiles nodded at her. They had this conversation before. "Yeah."
    "Really?" Scott asked.
     "Of course," she said smiling.
     "Congratulations guys," Melissa and Noah both smiled. Chris gave in and also congratulated his daughter and her boyfriend. The rest of the dinner was them talking about places and the next to move out of Derek's house. They joked that Erica and Isaac were staying forever. And the twins made fun of Stiles for being such a mom about everything. Stiles rolled his eyes as the poked at him, but they also apologized for not being around enough and then not coming to the funeral. Not that it mattered that much.
    "I think I should get going," Melissa sighed. "Work is waiting. Thank you for having me, Stiles. Derek. It was great."
   "Bye Mom," Scott hugged her. "Happy new year."
    "To you too," She smiled and said goodbye to everyone else as she left.
    "I should go to," Sheriff said. "It's getting late. I can't do the count down anymore. Happy new year everyone. I'll be buying that alarm soon."
    "Bye dad," Stiles chuckled.
   Soon Deaton and Chris left as well. Deaton wished everyone good luck, and said he was leaving again. A pack in Ohio needs assistance and he won't be back for a while. Chris congratulated his daughter again before leaving.
   "Chris is really awkward," Ethan said. "When you guys move in together. It's going to be super weird."
   "At least they have that luxury," Danny rolled his eyes and took another drink.
   "Wow," Ethan sighed. "Stiles wants a fight free evening. I think we owe him that at least."
    "Okay! Let's get a movie on!" Isaac interrupted. "Derek's never seen Frozen. So we have to watch that one."
    "I can probably sing every word," Aiden admitted. They all gave him a look. "What? Everyone has guilty pleasures... Jackson's is the notebook."
    "Wow," Jackson groaned and rolled his eyes. "Do you realize that we have been through almost seven years with out you knowing that?"
   "Really?" Stiles asked. "You like that movie?"
    "After watching it so much," Jackson started. "You grow to like it."
    "Thats so cute," Stiles laughed. "What else do you like? Titanic? What about The Best of Me? I love that movie. And, that one movie with Lily Collins... Stuck in Love."
    "I love the best of me," Allison gushed. "It's so great. And when she realizes that she loves him then he dies and his heart goes to her son. It literally kills me. Every time."
   "You guys are weird," Erica said.
    "Sorry we like to feel our movies," Allison said. "I bet if you watched them. You would like them."
     "I don't like movies like that," Erica shrugged. "So probably not."
      "It's okay. Everyone has different tastes," Stiles said. "Where is Sam and Lydia?"
    "They'll be back in a minute," Allison smiled.
      "What are you up to?" Derek asked.
     "Nothing," They all said. Derek gave them a look.
      "You guys are awful liars," Stiles sighed.
      "Stiles! Derek!" Dean called from the kitchen. They both got up and went into the kitchen. "You guys should invest in more plates. And pie. I love this by the way. Stiles you really know your way around the kitchen. Lucky you." He smirked at Derek.
    "Is this why you called us in here?" Stiles asked confused.
    "No," Dean said. "There was another thing... Oh yeah. We wanted to give you the full Christmas experience. Neither of you have got to spend any great holidays together. And we all thought that this one would be better if we did something for you."
   "Like what?" Derek asked.
   "Go and see," Dean smirked.
  They walked out of the kitchen and as soon as they walked through the door, white stuff was thrown on them and continued to be thrown.
   "What?"
    "Merry Christmas!" Everyone said. "And Happy New Year!" Jackson and Isaac blew on their party blowers.
     "Guys," Stiles sighed.
     "Wait!" Kira stopped him.
     "You guys still have to kiss under the mistletoe," Malia said. "And its fake. Given circumstances." Cass pointed at the ceiling.
    "If the plant says so," Stiles shrugged and turned to Derek. Derek pulled him closer and connected their lips softly. Stiles hands went from awkwardly in the air to Derek's arms. Lydia snapped a picture or five.
   "Okay guys," Peter said. "You can break apart now. It's been longer than we wanted."
    "Dean! You and Cass haven't got to do this either!" Stiles said.
     "Yeah they do," Sam said as he held a piece over the two of them. Cass was a little confused, but got it when Dean kissed him. It was their first kiss in front of people. "I think this was the best Christmas I've had in a while." Stiles grabbed Derek's hand. He didn't feel weird about it. Or like it was forced. Like before. He felt comfortable.
   "Good," Derek said as he pulled Stiles into a hug. He's been wanting to do this for so long. Just have Stiles in his arms. "I love you. And you don't have to say it back... I know you aren't very comfortable with me being back just like that. But I do love you."
   "I love you too, Sourwolf. And it's a new year in five minutes. Time to get over the past. You're here now," Stiles smiled. "And we just got rid of two! Soon we might be able to get rid of the rest." Derek laughed.
   "We can't be that lucky," he shook his head.
    "We can hear you," Liam said.
     "They have a point," Sam shrugged.
    "Peters never leaving," Ethan and Danny laughed.
     "Yeah. And you might have a hard time getting rid of Liam and Hayden," Mason joked. "Liam's grown close to you."
     "Of course he has! He's my pup," Stiles said with a bit of protectiveness. "They all are. I have a nickname for all of them..."
    "Yeah?" Jackson asked. "I've only heard Liam's and Isaacs."
     "And Derek's," Scott added.
     "Jacksons. Yours is Jax, or captain," Stiles pointed out. "Lydia yours is Lyds or queen... Allison's is Alli, bad ass huntress, or Mrs McCall. Scott's is Scotty, Scotty boy, Alpha, Brown eyes, puppy brown eyes. Masons and Corey's is Morey or Cason. You guys are always together. I would probably call you Cor and Mase." Stiles shrugged. "Hayden's is Hayde or Haydes. Kira's is fox. Aidens is douche twin. Ethan's is E. Danny's is Danny boy. Erica's is Catwoman. Peter's is Psycho. Malia's is Mal, Lia, or Coyote."
   "You really do have nicknames for everyone," Corey said. "Wow. Some aren't as creative, but still."
    "You try being creative with everyone," Stiles said. "It's hard."
    "I stand corrected. Congrats Stilinski," Jackson shrugged. "This is the only time."
    "I don't think it is," Stiles smirked. "But keep telling yourself that."
     "Enough! It's time to count down," Lydia said. Everyone turned to the TV.
   "10...9....8...7...6...5...4...3..2..1! Happy New Year!" Everyone shouted. Stiles and Derek kissed. As did Lydia and Jackson. Allison and Scott. Mason and Corey. Ethan and Danny. Hayden and Liam. Dean and Cass. Erica kissed Isaac which surprised him. Malia kissed Kira. So Sam, Aiden, and Peter were left out. It was awkward for them, they realized that they needed to get dates. It has been a while since any of them have been on one.
   They had spent the rest of the night talking and finally watching movies together. They laughed and enjoyed each other, and they didn't even think about going back to school. Though some of them had to leave in just a few days.