Chipped cups

Rumples POV

I waited till the next day to go over to Y/n apartment. I wanted to ask her about her about the chipped tea cup and why I would keep it is its chipped. Why wouldn't I just throw it away? I mean I or someone else could cut their lip. Hm...I-I don't know.

I got in my car and headed over there. After walking up a few flights of stairs I reached her door. I knocked gently holding the cup in my other hand.

After a little while of no answer I turned around. Maybe she's still sleeping...I looked down at my watch. It is 9:30...after turning around with my head down I started to walk away when the door opened.

"Hey...sorry it took me so long to answer." I heard her chuckle and turned around smiling. "So what's up?"

"So yesterday I was in my shop looking around for something to maybe spike my memory."

"Yeah?" She opened leaned against the door frame.

"Well I found this cup." She raised a brow.

"A cup?" I put the cup in my palm.

"Yes a cup. But see there is a flaw with the cup." I turned it so she could see the chip. "Why would I keep a cup with a chip? Why would I keep a damaged cup unless it meant something."

"Well...I-I...I don't know...why don't you come inside and we could talk about it?" I walked past her into her apartment

Your POV

He sat down at the kitchen table setting the cup down.

"You know anything about it?" I looked into his hopeful eyes. I don't want to hurt him more then he already is...

"No. I don't...you never told me anything about this cup. Didn't mention it once...and I never even seen this before." His eyes turned sad and dull.

"Well there has to be someone in this town who knows..." he stood up and headed to the door with cup in hand.

"What are you going to do?" I got out of my chair heading slowly to the door.

"I'm going to ask around." He was halfway to the door.

"You just going to go around stopping every person in this town asking is they have seen this cup or if they know what it means? Asking why you kept it?" He turned to me looking irritated.

"Well I'm trying to get my memory back!" He spoke harshly and walked closer to the door taking grasp of the Handel.

"No wait!" I ran in front of him blocking off the door. Our bodies were close. I could feel his breath on my skin warming my heart making my stomach turn.

"What." He spoke quietly.

"Well...you weren't really friends with everyone in this town..." he looked deep in my eyes.

"What was I to you?" His quite voice was soothing but serious.

"You were my bo-"

"No." He cut me off looking me dead in the eyes. "What was I to you." He repeated getting closer.

"Well...I don't know what you mean...what were you to me? I mean you were a lot to me. We wre-I was happy being with you. You made me happy you were funny you made me laugh." Remembering all the fun times we had together...and I don't just mean ht hm...he was the man that actually made me happy. His face being so close to mind I didn't realize he got closer.

"Was I happy with you? You cut yourself off. Instead of we you said I. Does that mean you were happy with me but I wasn't happy with you?"

"I mean...I think you were happy with me. You never really told me if I made you happy or not..." I looked down at the wooden floor at my side avoiding looking at his body. From the corner of my eye I could see him scanning my face.

"I'm sorry..." I looked up at him with a questioning look.

"I don't understand...how can you be sorry? You did nothing wrong, it's my fault I'm not doing all I can to help..."

"Your blaming yourself...why? All this pressure I'm putting on you is tiring and I know your working hard to help me but I know it will take time...I'm sorry I'm putting all of this on you..." we looked each other in the eyes for a moment.

"How about I take that cup and ask around. After all I do know more people...and who would actually help..." I laughed nervously.

"I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am...you've helped me so much...thank you Y/n. I truly thank you for all you have done for me." His dark brown irises had a spark in them. I don't know what it was but it made me smile. My eyes traveled down to his lips then quickly back up to his eyes.

"I just want you back..." I said under my breath so he couldn't hear me.

"What?" He furrowed his brow.

"I just want you to be happy."  Somehow his arms snaked around my body. I laid my head on his shoulder and hugged him back. "I'll go ask around." He handed me the cup.

Why wouldn't he tell me about this cup?