Was it my fault?

CIEL'S POV

It all just didn't add up to Ciel. Alois briefly disappeared from his life, and suddenly reappeared as if everything would be okay - it wasn't. Although, he didn't want to admit it, he quite liked talking to Alois. Sure, he has his quirks, but dont we all?  Ciel just didn't know why on earth he cared so much about the situation. It's not like they were close. It's not like they were friends. Were they friends?

It seemed like they could possibly be friends. They talked. They bantered. They teased each other. That's what friends do, right? Yeah, that's what friends do. However, friends don't abandon friends, and then show up 80 years later with a crap explanation for their sudden disappearance.

It was obvious that, when Alois' real name was revealed, it struck something in him. Something unpleasant. But why would anyone want to conceal their name? It's just a name.

Was he ashamed of it? He shouldn't be. Ciel wouldn't judge. Of course, how was Alois to understand that? For all he knew, Ciel was a total jerk who was stringing him along, like one of those college kids who is only briefly friends with someone, because they needed something from them.

Ciel sighed out of frustration very loudly. Would that make this all his fault? Was he the reason for Alois' spontaneous decision to temporarily vanish out of Ciel's life?

Was it my fault? Was this all my doing? He thought. Nothing added up right now. He decided that he would take a nap, and then figure this all out later. There's always a time for things like this, but this wasn't that time.

He lay down on his bed, and slowly started to dose off.

~~~~

ALOIS' POV

"Sometimes I wish you didn't that phone." A playful voice at the other edge of the table said. Alois looked up to lock eyes with the girl. She was pretty, yes. She had dirty blonde hair, and dark brown eyes. Her name was Liah.

Liah was a girl around Alois' age. She liked all of the typical girl things, shopping, sappy love songs, romantic comedies, concerts, but other than that, nothing was really special about her. Maybe that's why Alois was seeing her.

After the Ciel incident, and his name being revealed, Alois was lonely and crushed. He started going to coffee shops late at night, and just thinking. That's where he met Liah. She was doing the same thing. She seemed normal. Alois need normality.

Alois liked how normal she was. She was just your typical girl. Nothing can go wrong when it's the normality, right? Wrong.

After a while of "seeing" Liah, he found out why she also did the occasional midnight strolls to the coffee shop.

She just got out of a relationship. Not just any relationship, an abusive one. And from being in the relationship, she was permanetly damaged, inside and out, physically and mentally.

Alois didn't know much other than that. She didnt tell him, and he respected that. He couldn't blame her, because he, himself has had some emotional and physical trauma in the past that he didn't care to share.

In a sense, Liah was his girlfriend, but then again, she wasn't. Alois didn't like girls, not at all. Alois liked Ciel. He didn't like Liah. Liah didn't really like him romantically either. It was more of a very close friendship. They kissed, they hugged, they held hands, they went on dates, but that was only because they both were broken. They both were seeking solace at a dark point in their lives, and the other just happened to show up at the right place, and right time, a mediocre coffee shop at 12:48 in the morning. It was like fate brought them together, but not because they both needed to heal each other's broken hearts, but because they both needed someone who understood their pain.

"I'm sorry, just uh- a lots going on right now, you know?" Alois said, weakly. Liah gave a sympathetic half smile. "Yeah, I know. Its okay. I was kidding.". Alois nodded, meekly and began to stand up. "Luka should be getting off school about now. I'm gonna head home." He gingerly smiled, taking him coat. "Okay." Liah said in her normal, sweet, small, faint voice.

Alois was about to walk out the door, until he turned around to see Liah playing with her fingers. Right. Liah wasn't his girlfriend. Liah was just another lost soul who was here for him. A best friend. "You coming?" He said, smiling at his best friend. She smiled back, and sat up to follow him.

(A/N: ANGSTTTTTT. Alrighty. I'm kinda getting back into the flow of things.. kinda. YOU GUYS ARE SO SUPPORTING OMF. This currently has over 8k reads and I'm just like WHATTHEFUDGEDIDIDOTODESERVETHIS. I never imagined this story getting this popular, but I'm so thankful it has. You guys are amazing, and don't worry. I'm not, nor will I ever quit or give up on this story. Your comments are literally my motivation, and I read them all. I'm gonna try and do a shout out sometime of you guys who always leave the nicest comments, and vote. You guys are my sweet angel babies, and this is your story just as much as it is mine, and you need recognition. Thank you, guys!💝💝)