Chapter 2

June 22nd

Today was the big day Chloe and I have been planning. Leondre and I have just finished doing a long recording session with our company. Now we get at least 2 weeks to do whatever we want. The place we've chosen was the Beaulieu-sur-Mer beach. It was a beautiful area. There's supposed to be a floating trampoline that you can bounce on. The beach is sandy & shallow, and the waters are warm. It'll be quite an exciting trip. 

The taxi driver opened the door for us and we gathered our bathing materials. Chloe said to meet her by a nearby diner. I thanked our driver and gave him a tip. The diner should be across this small street. We checked for any incoming cars, and walked across.

"Are you excited Leo? I just know we're going to have a fun time," I beamed.

"Yeah! The beach sounds perfect in this kind of weather right now," He responds.

Leondre was back to his cheeky self again. He was bubbly and his old cute smile was back again. All it took was some concerts and time together. Off in the distance, I picked out Chloe's face in the crowd, and she was with another girl. She was the same height as Chloe, had ginger hair, and was in a white one piece. I haven't seen this girl before.

"Ah hello! You made it!" Chloe greeted me with a hug.

"Yes, Leo and I are excited to all spend time together, who's this?" I ask.

"This is my friend, Alicia, she is Scottish. I figured I'd bring another girl along so Leondre wouldn't feel left out. She has similar interests to you Leo, I think you 2 would be great friends!" Chloe explains.

"Hello! It's a pleasure to meet you, Leo," Alicia extends her hand out.

"Same here," Leo shakes her hand awkwardly.

"Well, what are we doing first?" I ask.

"Let's start get a spot on the beach, and have some fun of course. We can get lunch and such later," Chloe says.

"Alright then, you girls go ahead first. Leondre and I will catch up," I say.

The 2 friends rushed off to secure a spot on the beach. I wrap my arm around Leondre's shoulder and we follow.

"So, what do you think of Alicia?" I ask.

"She seems nice, though I feel like Chloe is just trying to hook me up with her."

"I thought you liked gingers the most! Plus, she apparently has the same interests as you. What's not to like?" I curiously wonder. 

"We just met... Besides, I think I prefer blondes more..."

"Hmm, well alright then. Let's try to have the best time today, alright?"

"Of course, no worries."

---

Chloe and I were going to tan first before doing anything else. We set up our little area and laid down our bathing towels.

"You can go ahead and get in the water, Leondre. I'm going to get some sun," I say to him.

"Aw, really? I wanted to try that floating trampoline with somebody!" Leondre complains.

"I'll go with you!" Alicia exclaims.

Leondre gave a quick glance towards Alicia and said, "Well, let's go then!"

The 2 of them ran off into the waters like little kids. After applying a bit of sunscreen, I laid down on my towel next to Chloe's.

"I think they're cute together, don't you think?" Chloe speculated.

"Perhaps, Leondre doesn't seem interested just quite yet."