Chapter 8

Our recording session turned out pretty good. Leondre and I were finally able to set aside everything and just do what we know best. The fans are going to love our new album that we've been working on. We've taken a more mature approach to our music and hope to attract a bigger audience. Things are looking up, all I need to do now is settle things with Leo. Axel has been keeping his distance from the both of us. He stayed back at the hotel today. I'm a bit surprised that last night hasn't been brought up by Leo, he probably doesn't want to talk about it. 

I was just about to leave the building until my manager told me to stay behind. He brought me into his office to talk. 

"What's up?" I wondered.

He walked back and forth until he finally stopped to sit on his desk.

"Charlie, how are you and Leondre? Are you two getting along? By the progress of today's recording session, I say you have."

"Um... Yes? I believe we are."

"Good, that's great to hear. So the media finally wants to know more about the both of you, in person. The people of Sunday Mornings with Samantha have requested to interview you. They want to know more of your feelings about Leo's coming out. Think you can do it?" 

I've never done a TV appearance without Leondre before. It's a bit weird that they requested only me. Samantha was an iconic talk show host in England. Everyone, including my family, watch her. It's surprising to be invited to such a big name TV show like that. 

"I'll do it. It'll be great exposure for us." 

"Perfect, one thing though... Don't tell Leo about it yet."

"Why?"

"It'll be a surprise, plus this gives you a chance to confess some things without the pressure of Leo... Got it?"

"Alright. I won't tell him."

"Great! Axel will drive you there Sunday morning. I'll make sure Leo will be watching."

"Wait, what?! Why is Axel driving me? Can't I take a taxi?"

"We need someone to accompany you. Your mum declined and so did everyone else. Do you have some sort of problem with him?" 

"... No. Never mind." I lied.

"Then it's settled! You may go now."

With a heavy burden placed on my shoulders, I left his office. I can't believe Axel would be the one driving me there. Why did everyone suddenly decline to accompany me? This is incredibly annoying. I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to talk about with Samantha. Ugh, somehow I'll find a way. I just want to see Leo right now. 

---

"Welcome back! What did you talk with the manager about?" Leondre asked.

"Just some work related stuff, it's nothing special. How about you?" 

"Well, it seems like I'm free on Sunday. Axel told me he was busy that day. The manager asked me to watch Samantha's show with the crew that morning. Do you want to join?" 

"Err... I'm busy that day too, I can't make it."

"Seriously? Are you going on a date with Chloe or something?" He wondered.

"No! Of course not... I just have errands to run. Don't worry about it."

"If you say so. By the way..."

"What is it?" 

"About last night... Please don't hate Axel for it. It's not his fault," He quietly spoke.